Ch. 116 - Witchy Games

Serenity POV

"This is not that hard, Nick!"

"It is if you haven't done it before, Serenity."

"Just stick it in the hole."

"I know that much. Just give me a minute."

"Goddess this is taking forever. Just jam it in there."

"Stop pressuring me. You get scary when you're mad."

"Oh you haven't seen me mad. Mess this up and I'll show you mad."

"Got it!" He shouted in relief.

"Finally!" I growled impatiently.

Nicholas swung the door open and out walked a very pissed off wolf.

"Sorry!" Nicholas gave me his boyish smirk that I hated, but secretly loved.

"You're an asshole." I said, lightly pushing him.

"Maybe, but that was an accident. If I wanted to lock you between worlds I would of destroyed the key." Now he gave me a full cocky smile that he knew I couldn't help but crack one back to him.

"How about we not use magic to play pranks anymore." I rolled my eyes at him.

The past two weeks we had started a war with each other, trying to outsmart the other, but we quickly realized we are both very stubborn and very competitive. The little pranks turned into massive fights or dangerous games, one which just locked me between worlds, something neither of us knew was possible.

"What the hell is this?" Ramsey walked in to a iron door in the middle of our living room. He was growing tired of our antics. It was like have young children running a mock every time he turned his back.

"Your golden boy here summoned a door, then locked me in it."

Nicholas eyes widened in fear. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I saw it in one of the books and didn't know that's what it meant."

"A door to other worlds spell confused you on its meaning?" Ramsey had lighting shooting through his brown eyes.

"It's fine dad, I wasn't hurt."

"It's not fine Serenity. These spells aren't games to mess around with. Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?"

"I didn't know it was possible, sir. I swear if I knew I wouldn't of ever casted the spell."

"You shouldn't even be able to complete this spell. What are you hiding Nicholas?" Ramsey eyes narrowed in on the boy now.

"Nothing. We were just messing around. I picked up the book to counter her attack and a door appeared. I didn't do anything."

"This is a high level spell. It takes an immense amount of power and concentration."

"Oh trust me, he has neither." I gloated that I was so witty, eating grapes from the counter.

"I locked you in there, didn't I?"

"Yeah, by accident and sheer luck, not talent Nick."

"Nicholas."

My father grunted in annoyance. "Enough! No more of these stupid games between you too. Neither of you are to cast a spell unless I'm here to supervise. Is that understood!"

"Yes sir." Nicholas replied, straightening his back as if he were addressing an officer.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I didn't open a portal so, no I won't agree, sorry." I replied, continuing to eat my grapes.