Ch. 115 - Destined to be Family

Elena POV

We reached a small house on a long street of homes. I gently knocked on the door taking a deep breath. I wasn't sure if I was ready for this.

"Oh my goddess. My Queen." The woman that answered the door bowed.

"That isn't necessary, ma'am. I was wondering if your son, Richard, was home." I asked, looking past the woman.

"He is, but he will not entertain a girl that can not listen." Richard's eyebrows shot up, glaring down at me.

Ryker growled at the man's disrespect, but his mother smacked him upside the head before anyone could respond. "I taught you better than that boy. Not only is she a dignified and beautiful lady, she is your Queen. Bow, now!" She ordered him.

She was a petite woman with long brown hair and Richard was a tall man, but he didn't dare disobey his mother. "Of course!" He bowed to me, giving me a teasing smile.

"That was adorable. Bow again Richard or I'll ask your mother to smack you for such disrespect." I playfully taunted him.

"El, I don't have... aw" Richard bowed again after receiving another slap upside the head.

"Please come in my dear. Anything you need we will be more than happy to provide you." The woman offered, opening their door wide.

"Thank you!" I nodded my head, making the woman gasp that I showed such respect back to her.

"I said to visit me, but to come alone." Richard grabbed a bottle of whiskey to pour a glass.

"Ryker can be trusted and he already knows about Jonathan and I. I caught him up on the way over here."

"Alpha Ryker." Ryker's beast spit out, barely containing one growl after the other.

Richard side eyed him not sure if he should be afraid. He offered his glass to me, but before I could accept it Ryker took it from him. "The princess will not be drinking."

"I didn't know you made my choices for me now, lover." I gave him a stern look that I wasn't happy with his constant show of dominance over us.

"You should be grateful I'm even entertaining this nonsense. Richard should be at my feet taking his last breath for the way he speaks to you."

"Oh my, please don't take my son. I can't lose him too." His mother pleaded, obviously afraid of the deathly beast in her living room.

"He won't harm him. I promise." I let a wave of love and family wash over her. She sighed soaking up my comfort.

"Thank you, my Queen."

My eye caught a picture on the mantle and darted straight to it. My fingers ran over a young man's face. He was as tall as Richard, throwing an arm around his brother's shoulder with brown hair and deep hazel eyes. His smile showed his kind heart and it made my eyes tear. "Mate" I whispered.

"What did she say?" Their mother asked.

"Mom, can you please give us a moment. I have some news for the princess that I need to relay to her."

"Richard, please tell me you are safe." His mother pleaded.

"Of course. I'm not going anywhere. How about you make your famous red velvet cookies for El. It's her favorite."

My head shot to Richard. "How do you know that?" I asked.

"I know a lot about you, El. Please sit and let me explain." He waved his hand to their couch and his mother retreated to their kitchen.

I held the picture close to my chest and I took a seat. Ryker couldn't find any anger the second I laid eyes on the man that was my other half.

Ryker sat next to me, extending his hand to mine. "I'm sorry, Elena. Whatever happened to this man I'll help avenge his death. You shouldn't of had your mate taken from you."