Ch. 29 - Hope

Nate POV

I needed to know Ryker's true intentions before Damien and I told anyone, especially Elena. She seemed to be getting too close to Ryker for my comfort and I didn't miss how easily she trusted him.

If Elena knew we had his sister I wasn't sure if she would tell him or not. Damien agreed with me that we needed to wait before we told anyone else. He saw the connection they shared and didn't like it either. We had a pack to protect, a King to kill, but since we could walk Elena was always our first priority to keep safe.

I headed down the clean white halls of our prison. My Alpha father left the prisoners to my responsibility and I turned the old smelly dungeons into a more hospitable hospital like setting.

Majority of the prisoners were from unnecessary wars.
The wolves being held weren't criminals, but scared packs trying to defend their home. I didn't blame them for not wanting to join the Trio packs when their pack lost in battle.

In fact, I respected them more for not giving up their souls for freedom. The wolves that had serious offensives, like rape or murder, were usually sentenced to death or moved to the Red Moon dungeons under the castle. The same place I found this she-wolf.

After we stole Ryker's sister from Red Moon I decided to go back and look at their prisons roster. There were many wolves that didn't appear to be hard criminals, deserving a life sentence of beatings and filth. Especially not the warrior goddess we took.

As I approached the last cell I watched intently at the lean women with her long blond hair in tight braids. She was the image of a Viking Queen.

I thought how perfectly her ass fit in the black yoga pants and how scrumptious her large breast were in a grey sports bra as I followed her body moving up and down in push ups. Much better then the oversized dirty shirt and slacks from her previous prison.

I didn't know how, but she definitely had a strong aura that radiated from her. Her body looked as if it had been training for battle since she could walk. Something about a women being able to end my life in a second made me feel all kinds of desire.

Hope picked up one hand to hold up her middle finger as her body effortlessly continued one handed push ups.

"I really want to meet the beast that took you down." I chuckled through my words as I opened the large clear doors.

"It wasn't so much the man but the blade and magic that took me down. Wasn't expecting either from such a lowly pack." She snapped back sitting up to grab a jump rope. She continued her routine, staring straight ahead to show disrespect to the Alpha wolf in her cell.

I sat on her bed, leaning back on my elbow as I continued to watch her body glistening in sweat from head to toe.

"Hmm. You're not even going to try and escape?" I motioned to the wide open cell that she was inches from with me laying behind her.

"I'm not an idiot. I know this room is locked inside another locked room underground with a keypad elevator. I'll be knock out with another shot of wolfsbane before I even make it to the elevator and that shit stings like a motherfucker. Plus, I have everything I need until my brother comes to get me... and kills you." She replied in an even tone, without missing a beat of her jump rope.

I liked the level of endurance she has. She can last days with being pushed to her limits.

"Oh, is that right? Would it be this brother?" I held out my phone of Damien, Serenity, and Chris all cuddled on the hospital floor. Ryker sent it to the group chat I made before we entered the school to rescue Elena.

Hope scuffed at the phone as if it meant nothing.

"Or maybe this brother?" I showed her a picture I snapped of Ryker staring at Elena while she was helping a child at the hospital. I could see the concern on her face this time. I guess no one was a fan of the affection Ryker showed Elena.