Ch. 74 - Warning

Elena POV

I woke alone with a grin on my face of pure bliss. I whined at the cold sheets next to me, but knew he had to get ready for tonight. I never imagined I could feel so connected and beautiful with someone. I knew with all my heart that Ryker was my future. We just needed to figure out how.

I rolled over smiling at a note that laid on my nightstand. I admired his elegant handwriting wondering if there was anything that man did that wasn't perfect.

You were sleeping too beautifully to wake. Plus, your body needed to rest, especially for tonight. I need to meet the King, but I will see you soon baby.
Love, your Shadow

I bit my lip at his words, hoping he was referring to more ecstasy in bed tonight and not just the ceremony. Serenity was right, sex feels amazing. I let out a squeal of happiness. My heart literately felt like it could explode from the simple thought of him. I was falling hard and welcomed the deep plummet into the unknown to loving my perfect Alpha, my Shadow wolf.

I showered and changed my sheets, praying Helena didn't catch on to what happened between us. I would never hear the end of it and felt guilty that I disappointed the only woman that was any kind of mother to me. I couldn't help my feelings for Ryker though. When we were together everything seemed possible and nothing seem to matter anymore.

Helena came and did my hair and makeup not saying a word of suspicion that Ryker took my virginity only a few hours ago. I had some time before the ceremony was to begin and decided to check on my favorite little buddy.

———

"Hey Dex, are you feeling alright!" I had concerned etched all over my face staring down at the little boy laying weakly on his bed.

He gave me a small smile and sat up reaching his arms out. I bent down picking him up in a big hug. He didn't feel warm or look to be sick, but his body was almost limp. "What could possibly have you so worn out little man."

"I'm fine my Queen. Just tired. I spent all morning running in the woods and playing with Damien. It just took a lot out of me. I wanted to rest, but I knew you would be coming so I waited for you." Dexter let out a big yawn and stretched his little arms.

I giggled how adorable he look with sleepy eyes, but couldn't shake my worry for him. "Well, you definitely should rest, we can talk tomorrow. I'll get the doctors to come check your vitals just in case." I went to set him down on the bed but he gripped me tighter.

"No! I'm fine. I can see the future, remember. You only have a few minute so please stay."

"Actually, I have a few hours. Why don't we lay down and I'll read you a book." I suggested and Dexter nodded.

I crawled into his bed snuggling him close and opened his favorite book, Alpha Assassins. The boy hugged my waist, listening for a few moments, regaining as much strength as he could.

"My Queen." His little voice interrupted.

I giggled. "You can just call me Elena or El. You know that, right?"

"Never. You are my Queen, rightful Queen for us all. I need to tell you something and we don't have much time before Damien texts you."

"Dex, you know he doesn't like you looking into the future."

"I know, but some things I needed to see and I'm glad I did. Like what he has planned for tomorrow. I wouldn't trade that memory for anything."

"Well, it's not a memory if it hasn't happened yet."

"True. Anyways, things are about to happen and you're going to be broken many more times. I need to warn you."

I gasped at his words. I felt so at peace and that everything was finally coming together. How could this feeling be taken away. "Dexter? What did you see?"

"Ryker may still betray you and if he does you have to let him go. You can't hesitate, no matter how much you love him. Ryker doesn't understand your power and needs to control everything around him. He is a powerful Alpha with a righteous wolf. He won't risk his family for anything, Elena. If he does betray you, Tyler will be the path. You must chose him to save the ones you love, but don't let him live too long. His betrayal will be worse than any others. You must end his life the second he is no longer useful. Promise me you won't let him hurt you?" Tears flowed down his face as his voice cracked.

"Shhh! It's ok Dex. Ryker will not betray me. It's only possibilities." I wiped the tears from his eyes giving him a big smile. "This is why Damien doesn't want you peeking into the future. We have to make our future and trust the ones we love. I trust Ryker."

Dexter gave my waist a hug just as my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and cursed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that."

"It's ok. Damien needs you. You're brilliant and powerful, my Queen. Go to them and save Hope. Nate won't survive losing her and their children will guide yours in the future."

"I don't have to leave. I have men waiting on stand by. Lay down and rest Dexter. I'll be right here, always." I kissed his forehead then rubbed his back.

Dexter could get lost in the motherly touch I gave him. He lost so much, needed so much love, and I knew he would find that with Damien. "I love you Elena! Go help Damien. He needs his Queen, and text Ryker to met you too. Tonight is an important night for all of you. Without their bond to you, you won't survive."

I looked down at the boy unsure what to do. I didn't want to leave his side, but now I was racked with worry for my friends. The boy could see the future and I didn't want to risk their lives. "Ok, I'll go, but promise me that you will rest and no more talk of the future."

The boy's eyes were closed, taking slow breaths. A smile came to his face "I'll rest, but remember what I told you. Remember no matter how dark your path becomes stay true to your heart and you will find happiness in the end. I love you."

I kissed his cheek. "I love you. Sleep my boy. I'll see you soon."

I shot Ryker a message the boys were in trouble and to met me at their prison. No harm can come to his sister or Nate's mate. Hope seemed to be a glue to us all and according to Dexter, her children will grow with mine. I prayed these battles would be over by the time they become our age though.