Ch. 61 - Trouble

Chris POV

"Let's move onto more important events." Luna Theresa chimed in seeing the perfect opportunity to take the attention that, yet again, her daughter seemed to be stealing. "We have arranged for both Damien's Alpha ceremony and Ryker's packs induction the same day. All the council men will be here and we can officially link both Alphas and Betas to the council. Despite some minor set backs everything seems to be working out."

"Yes, your induction ceremony Ryker. Have you thought of a name now that you will part of the high council? You can keep Night Shade and just add moon to the end or change it all together." The King's anger had seemed to disappear as his voice was filled with excitement.

Ryker looked to me for confirmation before speaking.

'It's too risky.' I told him in our mind-link.

Ryker thought it over for a moment then spoke with pure confidence. "Yes sir, I actually have the perfect name. We would like to be name the Shadow Moon Pack."

The King thought it over then nodded in agreement. "I like that, much better then Night Shade Moon. It has been decided then. Theresa make sure you add it to the announcements. Our new ally, Alpha Ryker of the Shadow Moon Pack."

Ryker and I weren't sure if the King was that ignorant or really believed there to be no connection.

'Wow! I thought he would at least question the name' I said to Ryker in our mindlink.

'Told you, something is off about this man. He is either oblivious or just too trusting of me.'

'Hmm, he does seem to have an unusual amount of trust in you. Before you mentioned he might have Esther's sister, right? That she guides him who to take and what to do with experiments. Maybe she is giving him bad intel about you so he trust you.'

'Never even crossed my mind, but makes sense.'

'That's why I'm your Beta, brother. You would surely be dead already if it wasn't for my big brains.'

Ryker smiled at me, but it quickly faded when Tyler approached Elena's chair. He wanted to growl at him to get away from her, but he knew he couldn't cause a seen. I was getting irritated how Ryker constantly put our relationship with the Trio in jeopardy. All for that little wolf too.

"Don't be foolish child. Go with Tyler and I suggest you use this time to think about making things right with your mate." The King ordered, sensing Elena's tension as Tyler approached.

Before Ryker could interrupt Damien stood. "You can't be so foolish to think anyone would support such a pathetic Alpha for King. He will not be her mate." Damien locked eyes with the King.

"I had enough of your mouth, Damien. Sit and enjoy the food I provided for you or you will be joining the princess."

"My King at least give her the appropriate 3 moon cycles to find her mate before linking Tyler as our new King. The servant girls he's been taking advantage of made sure to tell all three packs of last night. You announce their union it will cause an uproar right now." Damien spoke quickly but with confidence, praying the King would delay their marriage.

"Hmm, you do have a good point." The King glared at Tyler with disappointment. I'm sure he would be catching his wrath soon. "I will consult my seer before any announcements are made. Now sit Damien and keep that mouth shut. Elena go with Tyler."

Elena bowed her head, giving Ryker one last look showing her hurt and betrayal, then turned to Damien. His eyes were sympathetic to her and I still had no clue what was happening.

I could tell that Damien wanted to rip Tyler's hands off her arm then take the Kings heart, but he knew it was impossible. He had to let her go. I watched all them in complete confusion. Something was not as it seems. Fuck that! Nothing was as it seems in this hell.