Ch. 125 - Flee

Nate POV

I looked around the forest, looking out to our pack house, my home in the distance. This might be the last time I saw these lands. I let out a long sigh then turned and left. I shifted into my white wolf, grabbing my bag in my mouth and headed to Hope.

Lucian was desperate to see her. He needed to sense our pup growing inside her. It filled me with a new purpose that I couldn't wait to fulfill.

When I arrived to the Shadow Moon's territory people were running around like crazy. I didn't bother shifting to ask what happened though. If there was danger then I couldn't wait another second to find Hope.

Her scent grew stronger near the cells which made me let out a ferocious growl. Elena told me she was taken prisoner, but I didn't actually think Ryker could put her in a dungeon.

At that moment, I no longer cared who the Alpha was or what anyone's rules were. I was getting my mate and we were leaving to do this our own way in this world.

Two large men guarded the cement doors. I gave a warning snarl to move, but they didn't budge. I shifted to my human form, standing confident in my birthday suit as I approached them.

"I'm here for Hope. Move out of my way or I will kill everyone of you." My Alpha aura was rolling off of me, making the two guards tremble from trying not to obey my order.

"I don't know who you are, but you have to understand we can't just let you walk in." The one said, praying he wasn't about to meet his death. The guards were bigger than me, but they knew I was far stronger.

"Hope is my mate and is wrongfully imprisoned. Everyone in this pack is retreating. You should leave and let me do what is right." I gave them one chance to save themselves.

The two men looked at me and then back towards the streets lining with people trying to escape. "We will bring you to her. If she agrees to leave with you then we won't argue, but if she says no, then you have to wait for our Alpha to return. Agreed?"

"Fine. Lead the way!" I spit out and put on a pair of jogging pants from my bag. I didn't care to make an agreement, but I needed to see if she was ok. She would probably be upset if I killed two of her pack members too.

They lead me down a dingy hallway, passing a few other cell mates. The cells themselves were old and dirty, but the prisoners seemed to be bathed and well dress. I hoped Ryker didn't treat his prisoner like our former King did.

"Nate!" Hope yelled, grabbing on to the bars. She quickly pulled her hands back hissing at the silver burning her palms.

"Careful, sweetheart. Are you ok?"

"Yes! I'm fine. Why are you here? Ryker will kill you Nate. Please leave before he sees you."

"No! Ryker fucked up and so did Chris. Everyone is packing to leave before the King send his warriors. Tell these men to open the doors and let you out." I nodded to the two guards that looked confused who I was or what I knew about their Alpha.

"I don't have the power to make them disobey an Alpha's order, Nate." I could see fear consuming those gorgeous eyes of hers.

"Tell them. Now!" My eyes turned pure black, making everyone jump back.

"Please open these cells." Hope pleaded. "Don't kill them, Nate. They are only do their jobs." She looked into Lucian's eyes afraid I was about to attack.

"Are you sure Hope? Alpha only told us to keep you safe. We can let you out, but if you don't want to go with him we will fight him to keep our word to Alpha Ryker."

Hope glanced at them both and smiled. "No, that isn't necessary. He is my mate and there is no one I would be safer with."

"Ok." The one guard reached for his keys unlocking the doors with a shaky hand. The second it opened I pushed him out of the way and grabbed Hope into my arms.