Ch. 123 - A Queen

Elena POV

"No father! Please don't do this! It's a misunderstanding." I grabbed my father's shirt, kneeling before him, begging him to not kill Nate.

The King's eyes turned black then back handed me across the face. The entire crowd gasped at the sudden hit he gave me across the face. They screamed for their Queen to not be harmed by the Savage king.

My father cursed at his rash behavior. He knew he couldn't let his emotions take over, but everyone knew he hated to be challenged. I needed to do something.

"You want to be Queen, then kill this traitor and the crown is yours. Show our people that you will protect them." The King took a blade from a guard and handed it to me.

I wrapped my fingers around the blade and the King took his seat. He knew I had to do it or I would lose the faith of our people. I looked out to the crowd in a panic of what to do.

I slowly walked to Nate, giving Ryker a look of disgust. This time he caught my eyes and a sharp pain of guilt ran through him. I stood before my best friend, knelt before my lover standing behind him as his captor. Ten guards stood behind Ryker and Chris.

'How do we get him out of this?' I begged Damien.

'I don't know. Kill Ryker and Chris and I'll take your father?'

I shot Damien a look like he was an idiot. We would all be killed in seconds. I looked back to Nate and knelt before him. I laid a hand to his shoulder, pushing my magic into him.

"I love you, Nate. You have a beautiful life to live and a mate that loves you. I won't let that be taken from you."

Nate's eyes shot up to me. 'Are you healing me?' He asked clearly in our mind-link. It was working.

'Yes. I don't have a plan, yet, but be ready.'

'Elena, you will die. Don't do this. I killed them and I will take my death with honor. Please don't make me be the reason you are harmed.'

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked behind me to see Tyler. Ryker let out a furious growl that he dared touch me, but it was quickly silenced when the guards behind him shot him and Chris with a serum in their neck.

"What is this?" I demanded, spinning to face my father.

Ryker and Chris we forced to kneel along side Nate. Their bodies became numb and mind's blurry.

"It appears we have two more traitors. Both these Shadow wolves are here to end our blood lines." The King laughed from his throne. He was liking all this too much. He thought he won, and maybe he will, but I wasn't giving up yet.

I shot my eyes back to Ryker. He was trying to fight the poison running through his veins, but it was only making the effects take root faster. I was filled with so much hatred for him, but I couldn't watch him die either.

"Elena, I know this must be hard for you. I can do it for you, if you want." Tyler held out his hand for the blade, offering to kill Nate for me.

His face seemed sincere, but I knew better than to trust him. His eyes wandered to his mother and from the look of pure evil on her face I knew she was forcing him to do this. Always a momma's boy. I didn't have time for this though. I needed to think of something. Time was literally running out and it would cost the lives of those I love.

I look around from my parents, to my friends, to the crowd of people. I looked back to Tyler and remembered the little boy's words.

"Ryker will betray you. Use Tyler, but don't let him live too long." Dexter warned me of this moment the last night he was alive, but how could I use Tyler? I won't let Nate die.