3.3

Prachi wore a simple plazzo suit with her hair left open and minimal makeup.

Yesterday when her mother entered her room and sat down she was surprised because of what she was told.

"You remember that we have been looking for alliances for you?"

Prachi nodded surprised because they had this discussion almost 6 months back and since then no such topic was touched upon.

"Ek rishta aaya hai Prachi. The Shekhawat's elder son. Abhimanyu Shekhawat. He is a nice man. Papa knows him well aur mai bhi kaafi baar mil chuki hu. Very humble and down to earth man."

Prachi looked down lost in thought and her mother said.

"We are meeting him and the family tomorrow. Aaram se baat krke, tasalli karke apna decision dena. No one is forcing you bache. Lekin I think ek baar milne mai koi problem nhi hai."

Prachi had nodded with a smile and thought about it the entire night. She knew Abhimanyu Shekhawat only as someone who was their regular client. A large bulk of their grocery was purchased by him.

She hadn't met him in real life. She had seen his pictures and not going to lie but she did find him handsome and attractive.

She was nervous and fidgeting with her fingers while they drove towards the restaurant they were meeting at.

They reached there and Prachi found out that an entire hall was booked for them. There were around 10 tables spread all over and all of them were theirs for the lunch.

Both the families sat around a large table while Abhimanyu's mother said.

"I think the kids should sit a little privately. Dono aaram se khul ke baat bhi kr paayenge and tab tak we can also mingle well."

Prachi's parents found it sensible and so Abhimanyu and Prachi were seated in a two seater at a corner. They were a little away and hidden from their families and Prachi felt a little awkward.

"God this is so awkward."

Abhimanyu muttered and gave her a nervous smile.

"I know right. I've never met anyone like this before. Everything is so new and awkward. Samajh hi nhi aa raha kya baat kru."

She said while rubbing her hands to get rid of sweaty palms.

"Same here. First time meeting someone like this. Honestly, itna nervous mai apne first interview ke waqt bhi nhi tha."

He joked and she chuckled.

"I think we should start with the introductions. Might work as an icebreaker."

She said and he nodded.

"So basically an essay on 'Myself'. I am Abhimanyu Shekhawat. I am 29 years old. I took started my restaurant business when I was 21. So its been 8 years and yeah!"

He said and she smiled.

"I am Prachi Ahluwalia. I am 25 years old. I took over Ahluwalia Group of Companies just 3 years back."

"I know. The grocery business was your idea. You were all over the news at the time."

He said looking impressed and she nodded feeling flustered.

His gaze went to her wrist and his smile faltered a little. He also gave Her something like that.

"Umm-if you don't mind me asking. What is this?"

He said pointing towards the bracelet in her hand. She looked down and played with the beads.

"Ye! Mumma says I have had this since I was a kid. Kisi ne diya tha. I don't really remember though. This bead here. It signifies safety from evil eye."

She said pointing towards the evil eye bead 🧿.

He smiled and nodded. He gave his Radha a similar bracelet. But there could be thousands of such in the world right.

"Its beautiful."

He said while still looking at it and she smiled.

"Thank you!"

She said and he finally looked at her. They gave their orders and fell into silence again.

"So what are your likes and dislikes?"

He said breaking the silence. She looked at him and hummed thinking.

"I like little things. Matlab jaise late night walks in the garden. Nange pair grass pr. Walking hand in hand with my partner. And deep heart to heart conversations sitting in cool breeze enjoying a steaming hot cup of tea. I am a tea lover. Long drives with soft romantic music playing in the background. So basically all these little things that people might consider as normal but they actually are very rare."

She said and he was in awe. The way she described it painted a beautiful picture in his mind and now he wanted that too. And strangely he imagined it with her.

She saw him looking at her with an emotion she couldn't decipher and asked.

"What?"

"I can see it."

He said and she frowned.

"Huh?"

"I can see it happening. With you."

This time she was shocked. She looked at him wide eyed and asked.

"Huh!?"

"I know it might be - no actually it is too early but I can picture it all with you Prachi. Whatever you said. I want to experience it all too. Tunhare saath. It might sound absurd and too rushed but I just want to be honest with you. If we are giving this a try I want to give it a 100%. I want to be true to you and to myself. And it might be too early to commit anything but I want to give this a try."

He said and she was surprised. Just like he said. It was too fast. She didn't know what to think of it. She knew if she said yes it would commiting for lifetime. Marriage is no joke. But was she ready for it?

"So? Will you give me a chance Prachi? I promise if you say yes I'm not going to let you regret your decision. And if you say no I'd respect that too."

She looked down and said.

"I-I think I need some time. To think about it."

He nodded and she smiled gratefully.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️