9.1

Luthra and Luthra was the biggest player in the shipping industry with over 60% of the total market share it enjoyed a good monopoly.

Karan Luthra, the current CEO of the company was a very ruthless and harsh person. With zero emotions on his face he looked like a handsome walking robot.

Karan's phone pinged for the 100th time today and he sighed angrily marching towards his father's cabin.

"Why the hell is there a news going on about my marriage? I am not marrying any fucking body."

He declared with gritted teeth. Oh well, correction! This handsome walking robot does show an emotion. Anger.

His father looked at his son with his ever stoic face and said.

"You know how the market works Karan. This is important."

Karan raised his eyebrow and asked.

"Market? What does my marriage has anything to do with the market?"

"People trust a family man more than a reckless bachelor Karan. This marriage would make people's believes in us stronger that we are not going anywhere from the market."

Karan knew his father was right. He had already thought of this but he didn't want an unwanted burden on him now. He wasn't ready for this. He would never be.

"Who have you chosen?"

He asked knowing his father's planning very well. He didn't do anything without a proper and well drafted plan.

"I don't want someone who could outsmart us or betray us. Ek ladki hai meri nazar mai. Middle class hai. And she would be perfect for you and our family."

Karan just nodded and left without a word. He didn't bother knowing who she was or even what her name was.

He didn't want to. He would never have anything to do with the woman.

The next whole month Karan Luthra and his marriage with a middle class girl had been the highlights. Even after the marriage the limelight they got didn't stop and it did wonders to their shares.

Karan didn't even bother to look at his wife properly. For him this was pure business.

His wife, Preeta on the other hand lost her heart to him the moment she saw him. He looked so attractive and had a strong aura around him.

She found his behaviour strange because he didn't talk to her nor look at her even once. Was he that busy?

The only thing she could do while sitting on his bed all dolled up for their wedding night waiting for him was blush.

She had always wanted a husband who could care for her like her father does, love her like a husband and make her beg in bed like the characters in her novels did.

Preeta looked so innocent that people would never even suspect she read books full of smut.

She waited for over an hour and pouted when he didn't come even then. She was tired. Where was he?

As if hearing her thoughts he entered the very moment and she sat straight adjusting her viel properly.

Karan was on a call and didn't look at her making her mood fall a little.

Disconnecting the call his eyes fell on the figure seated on the bed and he sighed in anger.

"Why have you not changed yet? Puri raat issi mai bathogi kya?"

Preeta looked at him from the viel. He had left after saying the words. She sighed. So much for wanting to get a grumpy husband. He was actually grumpy. She wanted him to not be grumpy only for her. Like men in her books.

Sighing she got up and walked towards the walk in closet in her heavy lehanga. She changed into a satin nightgown and laid on the left side of the bed.

She was too tired and slept immediately.

Karan came back to his room two hours later when it was already 1 pm. He saw his wife, whose name he didn't know, sleeping peacefully with her back to him.

He hadn't even seen her face till now. Sighing he went to the bathroom to take a shower.

When he came out she was now sleeping on her back, her hands on her stomach and her little cleavage on display.

But that's not what got his attention. It was her innocent, peaceful face. She was so beautiful.

Such a waste that he didn't have time for all this in his life. He had no time for emotions. They made people weak.

Tearing his eyes away from her face he laid on his side of the bed careful not to touch her at all.

In the middle of the night, at some time, she shifted in her sleep and cuddled into him.

His grip on her tightened and he pulled her even closer in his sleep. And for the first time in many years he slept a long, undisturbed and peaceful sleep.

The next morning when he opened his eyes he saw her face into his chest, his arms around her waist and her hand clutching his t-shirt in her fists.

And for the first time in many years he felt something he didn't know he could. His heart skipped a beat.

His hands involuntarily moved towards her face to remove the hair strands falling on it blocking his view of her beautiful face.

She snuggled more into him and his eyes fell on a tattoo behind her ear. Looking at it closely he could make out that it was a butterfly tattoo.

"Butterfly!"

He whispered softly and again something that hadn't happened in years happened. A miniscule smile made way on his lips.

He leaned in towards her forehead but stopped just an inch away from her.

His eyes widened in realisation. He carefully got off the bed and sat on the edge holding his face in his hands.

What was he doing? Not even a day to his marriage and he was falling weak. No! He can't let it happen.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️