7.3

"Aap usually yaha nhi aate iss time. Aaj kaise?"

She asked and he rubbed his palms in nervousness.

You can do it Armaan. He was still motivating himself.

"Aap bhi iss time usually yaha nhi aati."

He countered her and she smiled.

"Kaam krne ka mann nhi tha aur neend aa nhi rhi thi toh thodi der yaha aa gyi"

"Koi baat hai kya Ajiya? Aap mujhe bta skti hai."

She thought he was referring to the coming to terrace part.

"Koi baat nhi hai. Mai aise hi aa gyi."

He shook his head and said.

"I'm not talking about that. Aap har baar nikah ke liye mana kr deti hai. Agar koi baat hai toh aap share kr skti hai mujhse."

Ajiya looked away. How can she tell him the truth. How will he react?

"Bataiye mujhe Ajiya. Cousins hai hum. Aap mujhse share kr skti hai."

Ajiya closed her eyes. Only if he wasn't her cousin it would have been easier for her.

"Ajiya mai jaanta hu kuch baat hai. Naziya ne bhi kuch kaha tha aapki feelings ke baare mai lekin mujhe samajh nhi aaya."

She looked at him wide eyed. Naziya told him?

"Aapne usse bheja tha? Kya kaha usne?"

He understood that she was indeed hiding something. Something that Naziya now knew.

"Usne kuch clearly nhi kaha. Lekin ab ye confirm hai ki koi problem toh hai. Kya problem hai Ajiya?"

She continued to look into his eyes. He searched her eyes for an answer. Her eyes started getting glassy.

"Aap! Aap hai problem."

She muttered softly maintaining the eye contact and he frowned.

"Mai? Maine kya kia?"

She smiled softly and just looked at him. Something stuck him and he looked at her with horror stuck eyes.

"Ajiya?"

"Armaan! Mai-"

"Nhi please! Don't do this!"

He pleaded but she moved one step closer to him and whispered with tear filled eyes.

"Mai aapse mohabbat krti hu Armaan. Pata nhi kabse. Pata nhi kaise. Ab toh yaad bhi nhi kab hua ye. Bas itna pata hai ki jabse yaad hai tabse ishq hai."

He gulped looking at her. Her ryes held such raw, intense emotions that he felt his throat clog.

He didn't want to hurt her. She'd be heartbroken. Too much hurt. He didn't want that for her.

"Ajiya! I-mai-maine kabhi aapko uss nazar se nhi dekha. Aap-aap hamesha mere liye meri cousin rahi hai."

"Toh ab dekh lein. Aap bhi yahi hai aur mai bhi. Kuch time. Agar phir bhi aapko lagta hai aap mujhe pasand nhi krte toh mai kuch nhi kahungi."

Her voice came out pleading and he felt his heart break for her. He wanted to kill himself. What had he gotten himself into.

"Ajiya! Mai aapse mohabbat nhi kr skta. Mai aapke liye aisa kuch feel nhi krta."

She looked at him with a fallen expression. Her eyes pleading.

"Kisi aur ko chahte hai aap?"

She feared the answer. What if he said yes? How will she ever forget him?

"Nhi. Lekin ye-hum-we are not possible."

She looked at him searching for something in his eyes but he couldn't hold eye contact with her.

It hurt him to see her like this. He had always seen her headstrong and dominating. But seeing her so vulnerable made his heart clench with pain.

"Kyu? Mujhe pasand nhi krte ya mai umar mai aapse badi hu isliye?"

She wasn't unaware of what people might think. But none of it mattered up until now.

He didn't look at her. He felt ashamed.

She smiled sadly and whispered.

"Agar pehli wajah hai toh mai kuch nhi kr skti except accepting it and trying to move on."

She paused and then look at him.

"Aur agar dusri wajah hai toh mai dua krungi ki agli baar Allah mujhe aapke baad iss duniya mai bheje."

She said and ran down to her room only to break down in tears. That was the first night she cried herself to sleep.

Armaan didn't know how long he stood there. Her last line still revolved around his mind. She loved him so much so as to ask for such a thing?

The next day he tried to talk to her after breakfast.

"Ajiya?"

He felt her visibly stiffen. She didn't turn and look at him like she usually did.

"Mai office ke liye nikalti hu. Meeting ke liye time se aa jaaiyega."

She said and hurried back down. And in a blink of an eye she was gone.

He stood in the hallway trying o figure out what to do. Should he run after her and stop her?

Then what? What would he say? Moreover what right did he have? He indirectly broke her heart yesterday. Wasn't she even allowed to grieve for some days?

He decided to wait for a few days and let the matter settle down a little. Maybe then she would talk to him and they would sort it out.

A few days later they were at the breakfast table. It was a Sunday and everyone was home.

"Ajiya please mujhe wo sabji pass kr dengi?"

Armaan said. He had been trying to talk to her like this. So that she gives him any reaction. But she just plainly passed him the bowl without looking up at him. No smile, no look whatsoever.

"Kya Ajiya Ajiya krta rehta hai? Badi hai wo tujhse."

His mother said and he closed his eyes in annoyance. Why did his mother have to spoil things even more?

Ajiya stiffened and felt her appetite gone.

"Umm-mera ho gaya. Mai chalti hu. Kuch kaam tha."

She mumbled and ran away.

"Kitna kaam krti hai bachi. Aur tu? Help kiya kr behen ki."

Armaan banged the table harshly making everyone look at him in shock.

"Behen nhi hai wo meri. Cousin hai."

His mother was shocked but she said.

"Haan toh badi toh hai na. Help kra kro-"

"Itni bhi badi nhi hai jitna aap logo ne bana dia hai."

He said gritting his teeth and went away making everyone except for one look at him in shock.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️