12.1

Sanya took a warm shower and got reafy in her pyjamas and a loose t-shirt she stole from her father's wardrobe since she had an off today.

Putting her hair in a bun she moved out of the room and sat on the beside her father smuggling into her sideways.

He involuntarily kissed her crown and patted her arm as she settled her head on his shoulder properly.

"Itni jaldi bade ho gaye tum dono. Sanjana ki shaadi ko itne saal ho gye. Ab toh uske khud ke do bacche hai. Tu bhi jaldi hi shaadi krke chali jaayegi. Yakin hi nhi hota ki tum wahi chhoti di gudiya ho. Pure ghar mai hasti hui daudti thi."

Her father said and she pouted at him.

"Senti kyu kr rhe ho? Hum toh hamesha aapki gudiya hi rahenge na."

He nodded and hugged her close trying to control his tears.

Sanya had got engaged a month back. She and her fiance, Armaan met through their parents. An arranged marriage.

Everyone was shocked when Sanya agreed for arranged marriage. She had always been so bold and outspoken that they assumed she would come home one day introducing her boyfriend to them.

So Sanjana and Siddharth took over the job to find the perfect match for her.

They spent hours over matrimonial sites talking to various people and finally after six months of hard work found a good match for her.

Armaan Bansal
Age:29 years
Lives in a small family with his parents and a younger sister.
Clean background, financially stable, good reputation.

Everything was perfect. What Sanjana was worried about was his profession.

He was a professor of Economics and knowing her sister's utter hatred for the subject she was afraid Sanya would reject the proposal upfront if she got to know about it.

So when Sanjana told her about the alliance after her parents were satisfied and had met his family and him, she did not tell Sanya about Armaan's profession.

She wanted Sanya to meet him and him to tell her himself. Then the decision would be Sanya's.

"Tsk! Suit hi kyu pehna hai. Mai shaadi ke baad ye suit wuit nhi pehne wali. Toh ye dikhau hi kyu? Agar wo mujhe jeans mai accept nhi kr skte toh nhi krni mujhe shaadi."

Sanya argued and Sanjana sighed.

"Sanya! Koi tujhe apna dressing style change krne ko nhi keh rha. Lekin har occassion ka ek dress hota hai na."

Sanya pouted. Why was her di always right.

Sanjana chose a simple pastel blue suit for her and paired it with a white embroidered palazzo. She left her hair open and applied kajal. She dabbed a coat of her favourite coffee lipstick. Wore her oxidised jhumkas and metallic bangles. Sanya was satisfied with her look. She looked beautiful.

She grinned at Sanjana who chuckled and kissed her head.

Siddharth knocked and entered the door and smiled seeing the two sisters.