17.3

*Flashback over*

Sehrish and Hamza entered the house. It was almost 5 pm. Sehrish had her finals viva today.

"Aaj deri ho gyi?"

Her ammi asked and she nodded slumping against her on the couch. She massaged her hair and kissed her head.

"Viva tha aaj mera. Bhut thak gyi hu."

"Kaise gaya?"

She nodded and told her the whole story about how khadoos the external was and how their own teachers were of no help but she somehow survived the external.

Everyone listened with a slight amusement. Sehrish and her way of telling stories amused everyone. She put in full theatrics.

After having dinner everyone settled in the living room when they heard the door to dadijaan's room open.

She slowly came out and Hamza rushed to help her making her smile and caress his head.

Aarish got up vacating the place for her to sit. He made her sit on the couch where Aarish was previously sitting.

Sehrish's breath stuck in her throat. Hee dadijaan didn't come out of her room very often nowadays. But whenever she did it meant serious business. And this time around Sehrish knew what the business was.

She looked at Hamza who smiled and blinked his eyes in assurance telling her that he was with her.

"Sehrish?"

See! She knew this.

"Jee dadijaan?"

"Padhai kaisi chal rhi hai tumhari?"

Sehrish gazed at Hamza again before replying.

"Jee achhi chal rhi hai dadijaan."

The old lady hummed and asked further.

"Ye aakhri saal hai na tumhara padhai ka. Achha hai. Bhaye nikah ki taiyariyan shurein krein phir."

She said looking at the rest of the people and Sehrish looked at Hamza in panick.

"Dadijaan? Hum-hum wo-wo-actually-"

"Aaj ke zamane mai kahogi Sehrish?"

Dadijaan mocked and Sehrish gulped. She nodded and looked at Hamza for help.

"Jee-wo-wo-maine-"

"Dadijaan. Sehrish actually Masters krna chahti hai German language mai."

Hamza answered on her behalf gaining everyone's attention and dadijaan frowned.

"Hain? Kyu? Kya krna hai?"

"Arre dadijaan bhut scope hai aage. Bhut demand hai German ke teachers ki aajkal. Shuru hote hai lakh se kam package nhi lagega."

Dadijaan nodded and Sehrish's father asked.

"Tumhe kaise pata ye sab Hamza?"