14.4

It had been a little over a week to their marriage. Parth's behaviour had not changed at all. He still slept on the couch.

He still felt like he had forced her and ruined her life by marrying her.

She, Parth and his parents were sitting at the breakfast table when his mother spoke.

"Parth? Ek hafte se upar ho gaya tum dono ki shaadi ko. Kahi bahar ghumne nhi jaana kya?"

Parth choked on his food not expecting the question. Tanya passed him the glass of water and rubbed his back. He gave her a fleeting look and then looked at his mother.

"Kya-kya bol rhe ho?"

"Arre! Genuine si baat puchhi hai. Isme aise react krne wala toh kuch nhi hai."

Parth looked away muttering.

"Aap jaante ho na ye shaadi kin circumstances mai hui hai."

Tanya's face fell and she looked at him. Will he ever be able to consider her his wife?

"Toh iska matlab tum zindagi bhar aise ek dusre se bhaagte rahoge? Chahe jaise marzi, jin halaton mai lekin shaadi toh hui hai na? Aur nibhani bhi hai. Nibhani hai na?"

She asked and Tanya looked at him from the corner of his eyes.

"Nibhani hai mumma. Mai batata hu aapko baat krke."

She felt like she could breathe again. Atleast he wanted to stay in the marriage and even work for it. She needed to talk to him.

They went to their room. Parth was standing near the balcony doing something on his phone when Tanya called him.

"Parth?"

She could see his posture stiffen. He did not look up but ask her.

"Kuch chahiye tha tumhe?"

She looked at him hurt and irritated.

"Haan! Aap!"

And he finally looked at her shocked. He did not expect that. Good for him!

"K-kya?"

She didn't mask the hurt in her eyes anymore. Her eyes got glassy with tears and he felt his heart being pierced into a million pieces. She was crying because of him.

"Kyu kr rhe hai aap aise? Itne din ho gye hamari shaadi ko lekin aapne ek baar bhi mujhe dhang se dekha tak nhi. Roz subha taiyar hoti hu iss umeed mai ki shayad aaj aap mujhe dekh kr ek compliment denge. Pehle ki tarah."

She complained and he looked at her surprised. She dressed up for him?

"Itne time se notice kr rhi hu. Aap mujhse nazre nhi milate. Mujhe dekhte hi raasta badal lete hai. Kyu kr rhe hai aise Parth? Maine toh aapko force nhi kia tha na mujhse shaadi krne ko. Toh phir aap mujhe saza kyu de rhe hai?"

Tears fell her eyes and he closed his eyes as if it pained him.

"Because I feel like I have ruined your life Tanya. Tumhe aur puri family ko humiliation se bachane ke liye shaadi toh kr li maine lekin tumhe tumhara pyaar nhi de paaya. You did not get married to the man you loved."

'I did marry the man I love.'

She wanted to yell but she did not. Instead a sob escaped her lips.

"I did not love him! I never loved him Parth. Kyu laga aapko aisa? Maine aaj tak uss aadmi se ek baar bhi baat tak nhi kri."

Parth looked at her wide eyed now.

"Then why were you marrying him?"

"Koi aur option nhi tha mere paas. I couldn't keep saying no to every other alliance that came before me. But that is not what I am talking about Parth. I am talking about us. Please don't ignore me."

She looked at him in a way that made his heart twist with guilt. Holding her arm he pulled her in his arms. She round her arms around his torso as he held her securely.

"I am so sorry. I was so guilty of all this Tanya. Mujhe laga maine tumse tumhari life ki sabse badi cheez chheen li. I couldn't meet your eyes thinking you'd always love that man and now you are forced to marry me."

She sniffed in his chest and closed her eyes.

"Don't ever do it again. Kis se baat krungi mai yaha Parth."

He whispered apologies over and over again rocking her against his arms.

Tanya was happy that they were back to normal. Just like they were before her wedding fiasco.

Tanya was sitting in the balcony of her room reminiscing the time she started feeling something more than usual for Parth.

Tanya was 12 and Parth and Tarush were 16. Their school had organised a picnic for classes 7 to 12 to Pratapgarh Farms in Haryana.

Tanya was really excited. She loved picnics. She was packing chips, biscuits and all kinda of eatables she loved in her bag.

Tarush and Parth were also supposed to go but Tarush fell ill at the last moment and couldn't go. Her parents were reluctant to send her without Tarush on her watch because Tanya had always been very sensitive and shy.

They were assured when Parth said he would keep an eye on her and won't let any harm come to her.

All the kids were really excited after reaching the place and started doing the activities they desired.

Tanya too was doing an activity when she felt the knot of her pyjamas loosen a bit. The washrooms were a bit far and she didn't want to go alone since her friends were doing the activities so she went to a secluded corner and tied the knot properly.

When she turned back she saw a group of senior boys surrounding her and she walked back in fear. Which was a wrong move because she was stuck between them and the wall.

Tears startedd pooling her eyes as the boys started teasing her. The touched her hair and face laughing at her discomfort and tears when they heard a loud voice.

"Oyee! Peeche hato usse!"

Tanya sighed in relief hearing the familiar voice.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️