5.3

Since you people have been asking for a lot of time and I too finally have the time!
**************************************
Sneha sat in front of the mirror with a wide smile on her face. It was a Sunday and Rishav was supposed to be at home because the clinic was closed today.

But that's not the only reason for her happiness.

It is her birthday today. And she would get to spend her first birthday after marriage with her husband.

She took extra efforts to get ready. The door to the bathroom was opened and her smile fell.

Rishav had come out freshly showered. And he was wearing his formals.

"Aaj toh Sunday hai na?"

She couldn't stop herself from asking. Rishav looked at her and said.

"Haan. But kuch dino se patients jyada aa rhe hai toh isliye clinic aaj bhi khula hai."

"Lekin aapne mujhe toh iss baare mai kuch nhi bataya."

She said to him who was now wearing his shoes.

"Bhul gaya honga Sneha. I was busy yaar."

'When are you not?'

She wanted to say but she didn't want to ruin her day. She walked up to him and hugged him smiling at him brightly. A small smile formed on his lips as he held her waist.

"Aaj ghar jaldi wapas aa jaana."

She said and he tucked her hair behind her ear asking.

"Kyu? Koi aa rha hai kya?"

Her smile faltered a little. He didn't remember her birthday?

But then she smiled mischievously. He was pretending. He must have planned something for her and didn't want to ruin it.

"I have planned something. For us."

She said and he nodded.

"I'll try. Promise nhi kr skta kuch."

He said and she nodded mockingly still thinking he was pretending.

"8 bje tak aa jaana. I'll wait for you."

She said while he was moving out of the room.

When he was gone she started preparing for the evening.

She got all the necessary items.

She had prepared dinner which included all his favourite items. She even put a scented thick candle on the table to set the mood.

After dinner she had planned a movie night in the balcony which she had decorated with fairy lights. She was most excited about this. Her first movie with her husband.

And finally she had prepared a bubble bath knowing he liked to bath before sleeping. They would have a romantic bath with rose petals and aromatic oils.

She looked at the clock which read 7 pm. Running back to her room she picked out a sexy black saree with backless blouse.

She let her hair loose. She did bold eyes and lips and completed her look with her diamond earrings which he had given her as her wedding gift.

She was ready by 7:55 and rushed out to the dining room.

He would be here any moment. She lit the candle so that it would aromate the room until he arrived.

The clock struck 8 and her excitement increased.

She picked up her phone and messaged him.

Come soon. I am waiting for you❤️.

She waited impatiently. The clock struck 9. He was still not there. No reply to the message even.

Kitni der lagegi Rishav? I am waiting.

The clock struck 10 and her smile and mood started to fall. She called him which wasn't answered.

Where are you? Reply toh kariye Rishav.

By the time the clock struck 11 tears of frustration pooled her eyes. Did he really not remember her birthday? Was she really delusional to expect a little love and care out of him.

The moment the clock struck 12 and her birthday was over she got up wiping her tears angrily not caring about it ruining her makeup.

She had tolerated each of his busy nonsense but not this time. This time he had hurt her feelings and made a joke out of them.

She packed all the food she had made and gave it to the watchman to distribute it to the poor and take some home.

She then blowed the candle which was still burning leaving the plates and the candle on the table itself.

She mercilessly washed her face getting rid of the makeup and the tears. She removed her saree and wore her nightgown. She threw the saree on the couch and got inside the blanket crying endlessly.

"I hate you Rishav. Bhut bure hai aap. I will not forgive you for this."

She cried and slept while clutching the blanket to her chest.

Rishav came home at 1. Looking at the dining table he groaned as he remembered that she had asked him to come home early.

He put his phone off silent and looked at her messages. She would he so upset. He would have to make it up to her tomorrow.

He walked to his room and saw her sleeping curled up inside the blanket.

He was going towards the washroom when his eyes fell on the balcony's open door.

She never forget to close it. He went there and cursed himself even more. She had prepared so much for it.

Taking his towel and clothes he went to the washroom and closed his eyes seeing aromatic bath she had prepared. He really needed to make up to her.

He came out and threw the towel on the couch when his eyes fell on her saree. She even took special efforts to get ready.

He got inside the blanket and sighed seeing her tear stained face.

He laid to his side with his back facing her. He waited for half an hour but she didn't hug him this time. He twisted and turned but couldn't sleep.

Finally turning to her side he took her in his arms and whispered.

"I am sorry."

He placed a soft kiss on her head and slept hugging her to his heart. Only if he realised and accepted that she was important to him things could be so much better between them. But maybe it was too late already.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️