15.7

Vaishnavi gave him a disbelieving laugh and moved away from him. His proximity did something to her.

"You love me? Kabse Naman? And you want me to believe that? You have been terrible throughout this year. But now that you can't have her you want me to be your rebound? It won't happen Naman."

He looked at her as if she had punched him.

"I was terrible throughout the year not because of her but because you weren't well Vaishnavi. Tujhe aise dekh ke jaan sukhti thi meri. And about you being a rebound. You know what that means? You have always been my first choice Vaishnavi. Even when she was there I chose you. And I'd choose you over her or anyone for that matter of fact every fucking time."

She looked at him with disbelief.

"I need to be alone for some time. Please!"

She whispered and he smiled shaking his head. He stepped closer to her.

"You want some time to digest it. That's fine. Lekin mai tujhe akela nhi chhod rha. I am with you always."

He said and left after kissing her head, filling her body with warmth. As soon as the door shut behind him she fell on the couch crying.

She wanted to believe everything he had said. But her fear of losing him didn't let her. What if he realises he didn't want her like that and she loses her as her friend also.

Naman understood why she wanted to be alone. And knowing her she would be away from him for quite long. But he would not let her go. He wasn't lying when he said he loved her.

Maybe Roshni was there to get them together. Because if not he would never have realised how much Vaishnavi means to him.

And he was right. She did take a lot og time. She was still taking that time and it had already been a month.

But just as he promised he hadn't left her alone. Every day he went to her without fail. If a holiday he stayed at her place all day and if a working day he made sure to spend time with her and atleast have his dinner with her.

Today was a working day and Vaishnavi knew he would be here anytime.

She sighed closing her eyes looking at the test that screamed positive back at her. Once. They had made love once. And he had managed to impregnate her. How on Earth was it possible on the first time was beyond her.

But she couldn't tell Naman about it. Now yet atleast. She still wasn't sure he wasn't going to realise he didn't love her and leave her in future.

Hearing the doorbell ring she quickly wrapped the stick in a newspaper and dumped it in a dustbin. Washing her hands she went out. Standing in front of the door she took a deep breath before opening the door for him.

There stood he. All tired and exhausted from work but a huge grin still on his face.

Her own lips curled into a smile. He got inside kissing her head and she bit her lip to control her heartbeat.

After having dinner he slumped on the sofa with his head on her lap and she unconsciously massaged his hair.

"When will you come back yaar. It's been a month now. Aur kitne time chahiye tujhe."

Her smile fell and she looked away.

"It's for the best. Aur aadat daal le tu bhi. Kaam aayegi after our divorce-"

"Excuse me!"

He sat up and looked at her wide eyed.

"Why do you think I'll divorce you or let you divorce me?"

She didn't say anything and he pulled her in his arms making her look at him shocked.

"Pehle tu ziddi thi. Ab mai hu. It was you who claimed your stake earlier and now it's me. You are mine Vaishnavi. And you are stuck with me now. Forever meri jaan. So forget about getting a divorce from me ever. Tujhe aur time chahiye. Take it. But at the end you're coming back to me."

His phone rang indicating his mother's call and he kissed her head leaving for his home. Not before giving her a determined look that he is not leaving her ever.

Two months later was Naman's birthday and knowing he was going to come to her straight after meeting with his friends with whom he was right now, she had prepared his favourites for dinner.

As she expected there was a knock on the door and he stood there with a wide grin.

"Ek call tak nhi kia tune? Bas itna hi pyaar tha?"

He said dramatically and she rolled her eyes. The smile never leaving her face.

"I knew tu yaha aayega. And I made you something special."

His grin widened and he asked.

"What? Something that I like?"

She gave him a mischievous smile and said.

"Something you've been craving since a long time."

His eyes twinkled and he asked.

"Tandoori chaap and rumali roti?"

She nodded and he hugged her so suddenly that her heart skipped several beats.

"You're the best. I love you so much."

He said and went to the kitchen. It was their routine since she had come there. They would make and have dinner together.

But since today they were having rumali roti which had to be eaten simultaneously else it will harden and won't taste good.

Naman sat on the counter while she prepared the rotis. He tore one bite and moaned as the flavours burst into his mouth.

Tearing another piece and preparing a morsel comparatively small in size he forwarded in front of her.

She looked at him rasing her eyebrows.

"Since you can't eat apne aap I'll feed you. Aise we'll have dinner saath mai. Tu bana mai khilata hu."

She felt another piece of her heart shuft towards him.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️