7.5

"Aaj se pehle nhi thi. Lekin ab hone lagi hai."

He said making her heart break yet again. She nodded trying to smile and looked front taking a sip of her coffee.

"Chalo phir jald hi aapka nikah attend krne bhi milega."

She joked. Or atleast tried to. It took everything in her not to burst out crying.

"Hmm. Soch rha hu kal hi baba se kehke rishta bhijwa du. Kahi der na ho jaaye."

She hummed absentmindedly and he smiled still looking at her.

"Kya kehti hai aap? Bhijwa du rishta?"

"J-ji-agar pasand krte hai toh bhijwa dijiye."

She didn't know what to say.

"Chaliye phir. Ye teh raha. Kal baba se baat krta hu subha hi. Lekin pehle usse toh puchhlu wo taiyar hai ya nhi."

He said and Ajiya closed her eyes. She couldn't bear it anymore.

"Nikah krengi mujhse Ajiya?"

His voice made her look at him shocked. She looked at him so quickly that she was scared she might have sprained her neck.

Was her mind playing tricks on her?

"Armaan?"

Her voice came out in a whisper. He smiled and turned to her completely facing her.

"Wo raat shayad hui isliye thi ki mujhe apni feelings realise ho ske. Kyunki uss raat ke baad the only thought on my mind has been about you. Aap mujhse baat nhi kr rhi thi mai yahi soch rha tha ki kya kru ki aap mujhe maaf krde. Aap meri taraf dekh nhi rhi thi bas yahi sochta tha ki kya kru ki ek dafa aap meri aankhon mai dekhe."

He confessed and she felt tears pool her eyes. She couldn't believe this was happening.

He came near her very slowly and hesitantly held her hands in his. He caressed her knuckles.

"Mohabbat ho gyi hai mujhe aapse Ajiya. Nikah krna chahta hu aapse. Krengi mujhse nikah?"

Tears fell her eyes like water and she sobbed. He smiled knowing they were her emotions and he himself felt emotional seeing the love this woman held for him.

"I love you Armaan. And yes! Krungi mai aapse nikah."

She cried and laughed at the same time. The feeling couldn't be described.

He grinned and squeezed her hands in an affectionate manner.

The next morning he ran to his parents' room as soon as he woke up.

He saw his father sitting on the sofa in the room while his mother put oil on Naziya's head.

"Tu yaha kya kr rhi hai?"

He asked Naziya and she looked at him with a scowl.

"Aankhein kharab ho gyi hai kya bhaijaan? Nazar nhi aa rha aapko?"

He waved her off with an eye roll and looked at his father.

"Wo baba aapse kuch zaruri baat krni thi."

"Haan bhaye bolo."

"Wo-wo-mai-darasal-"

"Arre bhaye ye wo wo hi krta rahega ki aaj ke din mai bolega bhi kya hai?"

His mother asked with an irritated scowl. Armaan gulped and closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath he said.

"Mai kisi ko pasand krta hu aur usse nikah krna chahta hu."

There! He said it. His parents looked at him shocked and Naziya was conflicted. Her aapi would be so hurt. She felt angry at her bhaijaan and glared at him.

"Haye Allah! Ye ladka kisi ko pasand krke baitha, baat shaadi tak aa gayi aur maa baap ko khabar tak nhi hai."

Armaan smiled sheepishly and turned to his baba.

"Baba! Aap rishta bhijwa de-"

"Bilkul nhi! Pehle Ajiya ka nikah hoga. Uske baad krne jo tujhe krna hai."

He said and Armaan groaned. Will his mother ever let him complete his sentence.

"Naam toh sun le ladki ka ammi."

He said and she nodded.

"Haan lekin nikah tera Ajiya ke baad hoga."

"Phir toh Ajiya ka hi nikah nhi ho paayega."

He mumbled and said.

"Ajiya! Ajiya naam hai uska."

She looked at him shocked.

"Arre waah! Matlab hum apni Ajiya ko miss na kre isliye tune bhi ek Ajiya pasand krli."

He mentally face palmed.

"Wahi Ajiya hai ammi. Bade abbu ki beti. Hamari Ajiya. Ajiya Sheikh."

He said and Naziya hugged him tightly.

"Aap na sabse best ho bhaijaan. Aapi bhut khush hongi. Behad mohabbat krti hai wo aapse."

She grinned and he smiled ruffling her hair.

"Tum uss bachi pr nazar rakhe baithe the. Kya bolunga mai bhaijaan agar unhone puchha toh?"

His father teased and he rubbed his neck mumbling to himself.

"Nazar aapki bachi rkhe baithi thi mujhpr."

Naziya giggled hearing him and he chuckled at his own words.

The same night when they were coming back from office Ajiya asked.

"Aapne chhote baba se baat kri? Hamare baare mai?"

He was about to tell her the truth but then decided to tease her a little.

"Nhi. Abhi nhi kri. Ghar jaake krta hu dinner ke baad."

She nodded and smiled shyly. Just the thought of him as her husband made her feel giddy.

They entered the home and she smiled walking towards her room.

"Arre Ajiya! Aa gyi tu. Baba bula rhe hai tujhe kamre mai."

Her ammi said and she nodded walking to her baba's room instead.

"Baba? Bulaya aapne?"

Her baba looked at her with a wide smile.

"Haan beta. Baitho yaha."

He said affectionately and she sat in front of him with a smile. For him she was still the little girl he remembered as a toddler running around the house with two pigtails.

"Rishta aaya hai aapke liye ek."

He said and Ajiya's first reaction was panic. Oh Allah! How will she tell him about Armaan? How will he react?

"Baba mai -"

"Rehman ne aapka rishta maanga hai Armaan ke liye. Wo kehta hai mohabbat krta hai aapse. Aap kuch kehna chahengi iss mai?"

She looked at him wide eyed. Armaan had already talked to his father about it?

She blushed and bowed her head.

"Jaise aap thik samjhe baba."

She muttered and ran out feeling shy making her baba laugh at his little girl.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️