5.4

The next morning Sneha woke up and saw Rishav getting ready for the day.

"When did you come back last night?"

He knew she would ask something like this and he was ready.

"Around 1. I am sorry I couldn't come early. I was -"

"You were busy. When are you not Rishav?"

She completed his statement and mocked him. He looked at her offended and said.

"Patients the yaar Sneha. Jaan kr thodi na late hua mai. And anyways I am coming home early today and taking out to makeup for last night."

He said as if he was doing an obligation on her. She chuckled mockingly.

"Coming home early? Taking me out? What a joke Rishav. Thank you but iski koi zarurat nhi hai."

She chuckled and he looked at her a little pissed off now. Why was she being difficult now?

"I am sorry ok? And why are you overreacting? Busy tha mai ho gaya late. Big deal yaar."

He said raising his voice a little.

"Big deal? Have I ever asked you to come home early Rishav? Nhi! Ek din! Ek din maine aapse jaldi aane ke liye and you never thought why I was asking that."

"I know you wanted to spend time and isliye I am-"

"It was birthday yesterday!"

She yelled and he froze. Her eyes teared up as she realised he didn't forget. He didn't know it was birthday.

"You didn't know."

She cried wiping her tears and fell on the bed exhausted all of a sudden. The feel of tiredness when you realise that the person who you consider your world doesn't even consider you a part of theirs.

"You didn't even know it was birthday yesterday let alone remembering it."

Rishav had no reply to this. He really didn't know. And how would he. He had never paid attention to her.

"Sometimes I feel like I am the only one in this relationship Rishav. Ki aapko koi farak hi nhi padta. Mere hone ya na hone se. So it's better I leave you to your own right?"

She wiped her tears and removed the blanket. Rishav looked at her wide eyed.

"Leave me? You're going to leave me? Kis liye Sneha? Have I not given you everything you could have desired? Bas thoda busy rehta hu toh it's not my fault right. Ye bhi tumhare liye hi hai. I earn it so that you can enjoy-"

"I don't want your stupid money. I can earn it myself Rishav. Itni capable hu mai. I wanted your time. I wanted you."

She yelled and cried again. What did he think she was?

"Aapko yaad bhi hai last time humne kab khulke heart to heart conversation kri thi? An actual conversation where we lost track of time."

She asked and he had no reply.

"That's right. Kyunki aisa kabhi hua hi nhi. Because for losing track of time you need time Rishav. Jo aapke paas mere alawa sab cheezon ke liye tha. Your patients were more important to you than your wife. Kabhi kabhi toh mujhe lagta tha ki mai marr bhi rhi hoti toh aapko khabar tak nhi lagti. Kyunki phone aap mera uthate nhi aur messages toh shayad aapne aaj tak mere pade hi nhi."

She chuckled sadly. Rishav was silent and looking at the floor. He had hurt her so much throughout.

"Do you remember the last time we watched a movie together?"

She asked and he was silent again.

"That's right again. Kabhi nhi. Kyunki shaadi ke baad se maine movies hi nhi dekhi Rishav. Kiske saath dekhti. Akele mera mann nhi karta tha. Aur husband ke paas time nhi tha. Aapse baat kr sku isliye toh maine kaam krna shuru kia. Ki shayad kaam ke hi bahane lekin aap mujhse baat toh karenge."

He felt like a complete asshole. He had put so many efforts for him and he had never even batted an eyelash at her.

"Do you remember the last time we were close Rishav?"

He looked up now. How can she accuse him of this?

"Last week. We just did it last week."

He replied making her even more angry.

"I am talking about emotional closeness. Sex ki bhuki nhi hu mai. Agar sirf yahi chahiye hota mujhe toh wo mujhe kahi se bhi mil jaata Rishav. Uske liye mujhe aapse shaadi krne ki zarurat nhi thi. I just wanted your love, care and a little time."

She yelled as tears fell her eyes non-stop. He didn't know what to say.

He looked at her surprised when she got up and pickedd up her suitcase. She opened it and started stuffing her clothes in it.

"Sneha? What are you doing? Ok I agree I have hurt you a lot lekin aise bacho jaisi harkatein mat kro Sneha. Baith ke baat krte hai. Let's sort it out."

"Bacho jaisi harketein? Mai bacho jaisi harkatein mr rhi hu? Toh yahi sahi. Par ab mai yaha aur nhi rahungi Rishav. Jab aapko koi farak hi nhi padta toh mai kyu yaha ruku?"

She said and he held her hand stopping her. He made her sit on the bed and said.

"Hum baith kr baat kr rhe hai Sneha. You are not going anywhere. I have realised that I hurt you and I am ready to work upon it-"

He was cut off by his phone ringing. It was the clinic attendee who looked after the cleanliness and opened the clinic.

Sneha looked at him indicating one last chance through her eyes. Rishav picked the call.

"Hello! Haan mai thodi der mai pahuch rha hu. Tu sab clinic khol ke patient ko bitha mai bas nikal raha hu."

Her hopes were shattered again. Here she was talking about leaving and he was still concerned about his clinic.

She took her hands out of his and got up.

"Mai shaam ko wapas aa rha hu and we are talking. Tum kahi nhi jaa rhi. Got it?"

He said leaving her alone.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️