5.5

Rishav as usual came home at 12. He sighed knowing she would be super angry and disappointed and it will be difficult to pursuade her.

He went to his room and frowned seeing the bed empty and still messed up from the morning. He looked towards the bathroom and thought she might be inside.

"Sneha? Andar ho tum?"

He asked knocking the door but heard no reply. He turned the knob and the door opened. The bathroom too was empty.

He looked out in the balcony but she wasn't there too. Ok! He was panicking now.

She was packing her bags but she wouldn't actually leave right? She couldn't leave him. She loved him.

He looked into her almirah and most of her stuff was gone. He paced around the room in panick clutching his hair.

"Where did you go Sneha?"

He dialled her number over and over and messaged her 50 times but she didn't pick up even once and did not even look at his messages.

"Ok! I got the taste of my own medicine Sneha. Now please come back."

He mumbled to himself while he continued to dial her. Soon her number came as switched off.

He groaned.

"Great! She is avoiding me now."

He looked at the time and realised it was too late. He couldn't even ask his or her parents about her whereabouts.

He slumped on the bed and sighed. The whole night he twisted and turned trying to get some sleep but in vain.

It was then he realised how important she was for him to even sleep. And he like a total asshole has only hurt her in their 8 months of marriage.

The next day he did not open his clinic. A shocker I know. He went straight to his parents place and asked them if Sneha stopped by.

She did not.

"Kya baat hui? Ghar pr nhi hai kya Sneha?"

His mother asked and Rishav looked down not knowing what to say.

"Nhi wo thoda naraz thi wo mujhse. Shayad gusse mai chali gyi."

He mumbled and his mother glared at her.

"Beta aurat ghar chhod de toh usse thoda naraz nhi kehte. Jo bhi kiya hai tune usse ghar wapas le kar aa jaa. Ghar mai mandir na ho toh chal jaata hai. Lekin agar ghar ki laxmi na ho toh nhi chalta."

"This is true beta. Agar aapki biwi ya beti ghar mai sahi se treat nhi hote toh ghar mai kabhi khushi aur prosperity nhi aati."

His father supported his mother and Rishav felt even more useless. He couldn't treat her even such that she would stay with him.

He then visited her parents who were shocked to see him.

"Arre namaskar. Aaiye aaiye!"

Her mother welcomed her. He felt guilty. These people trusted their daughter on him and he couldn't take care of her.

"Sneha nhi aayi saath?"

She asked looking behind him in a hope that her daughter would be entering soon.

"Ji wo. Mai actually. Sneha yaha nhi aayi kal?"

He asked and her mother's face contorted with worry.

"Yaha kyu aayegi wo beta? Kuch baat hui hai kya?"

Rishav bowed his head in shame.

"Ji wo -umm- naraz hai wo mujhse."

Her mother released an exasperated sigh.

"Ye ladki! Chhoti chhoti baaton mai aise ghe chhodkar jaata hai koi? Mai abhi baat krti hu isse. Aap baithiye na."

She said and Rishav said.

"Mummy! Aap please usse kuch mat kehna. Galti...galti meri thi. Maine usse hurt kia tha."

He accepted and her mother got quiet.

"But I have learned by lesson. I just want to know wo hai kaha so that I could apologize and bring her back."

He mumbled to himself although her mother heard it. She smiled and dialled her daughter.

"Sneha? Kaha hai tu?"

She asked as soon as the call connected. Sneha sighed knowing Rishav must have gone there to enquire about her.

"I am not telling you mai kaha hu kyunki mujhe pata hai aap Rishav ko bata doge. Bas itna jaan lo that I am home and I am safe."

"Kaunsa home? Na tu apne saas sarur ke yaha hai na yaha hai aur na Rishav ji ke saath."

"Kyunki unn teeno mai se koi bhi mera ghar nhi hai mumma. Ek mere saas sarur ke ghar hai, ek papa aur ek Rishav ka. Mai apne ghar hu. Jo ghar maine earn kia hai. Mera ghar."

She said and disconnected the call. Rishav instantly knew where she was.

"I promise mummy. Dobara usse kabhi kisi cheez se shikayat nhi hogi. I am going to give her every happiness she deserves."

He promised himself. The whole night he couldn't sleep and only pondered on how he had actually treated her with absolute carelessness.

Her mother just smiled slightly and nodded.

Rishav immediately drove to where she  was. The apartment her company had allotted her after she bagged the job. She had never used it.

He asked for her apartment number and ran to where her floor was.

He rang the bell multiple times but no one answered. That was when he realised that it was a Tuesday and she was working in physical mode today.

She worked from home on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. He looked at the time. It was almost 6. She would be here in a few hours.

So he sat down beside her door and waited for her. He wouldn't leave without talking to her.

Sneha came back from office feeling very exhausted. Last night was already tough for her and the office only tired her more.

She was shocked to see Rishav sitting on the floor beside her door. What was he doing here? How did he even figure out where she was? Did he actually pay attention when she told him she had been allotted a house from her company?

"Aap yaha kya kr rhe hai?"

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️