17.2

*Flashback continues*

Sehrish stood in the middle of the living room. All her family members around the room, some sitting, some standing. Everyone eerily quiet.

Sehrish felt like someone had snatched her breath from her. She kept rewinding the words her dadijaan just uttered.

Sehrish aur Aarish ka nikah!

She! Her marriage! With Aarish bhaijaan! The elder brother of the man she loved all her life.

No! No no no no no! She would die but not marry anyone else.

"Da-dadijaan?"

She whispered and her dadijaan repeated her words with finality.

"Sehrish ki padhai complete hote hi Aarish aur uska nikah teh kia jaayega. Aur hum iss baare mai ab aur kuch nhi sunna chahte. Ye hamare aakhri faisla hai."

Sehrish looked at her ammi and whispered.

"Ammi?"

Her voice and eyes pleading. Her ammijaan was torn between her daughter and her husband. She looked at her husband and Sehrish turned to her abbu.

"Abbu?"

"Jee ammijaan! Aapka faisla hume manzoor hai."

His voice boomed the silent living room and Sehrish gasped. Her dadijaan nodded and moved to her room.

"Abbu nhi! Please meri baat sunein! Mai nhi krna chahti ye nikah. Please aisa na kre abbu."

She cried and pleaded her father but he turned deaf ears and went to his room.

"Ammi please abbu se baat kre na. Mujhe ye nikah nhi krna. Please ammi."

She begged even though she knew her mother would never go against her father. She gave her a sorry look with tears shining in her eyes and followed her husband to her room.

Sehrish slumped there crying. Hamza felt like breaking everything. Why? Why was this happening? Her dadijaan wanted a relationship between the families? Fine! Then make her marry him. Why his brother? Why kill him slowly like this? He marched to his room in anger and locked himself.

Sehrish wiped her tears and got up.

"Mai jaake dadijaan se baat krungi. Mai nhi hu taiyar iss nikah ke liye. I am sure wo meri baat zarur samjhengi."

She said to herself with determination.

"Haan gudiya. Baat krlo. Bahut si zindagiyan bacha logi."

Aarish for the first time uttered leaving her confused but she nevertheless went to her dadijaan's room after knocking the door.

"Kya baat hai Sehrish?"

She asked in a cold tone and Sehrish gulped. She knew her dadajaan's death took a huge toll on her. Her dadijaan was otherwise very sweet and loved them all.

"Dadijaan! Kuch baat krni thi aapse."

She said sitting by her feet but the woman didn't even spare her a glance.

"Agar nikah ka faisla badalwane aayi ho toh chali jaao Sehrish. Hum apna faisla bahar suna chuke hai. Hum apna faisla hargiz nhi badalne wale."

"Lekin dadijaan! Please! Hum Aarish bhaijaan se nikah nhi krna chahte. Hum kisi aur ko chahte hai dadija-"

"Sehrish! Humne kaha hum apna faisla nhi badlenge. Behtar hoga aap iss baat ko accept krle."

She said with a dismissal in her tone. Sehrish ran out of her room crying. She had thought about telling her everything about her and her feelings for Hamza but she wasn't ready to listen to anyone.

She was running to her room's direction when she was pulled into a room by someone. She was about to shout at the suddenness but a hand closed her mouth.

Sehrish looked at Hamza wide eyed. He looked miserable. And it looked like he had cried.

"Please tell me I didn't imagine all that!"

His voice came out pleading. As if something physically hurt him.

"Please tell me ki aap bhi mere liye jyada nhi toh utna toh feel krti hai jitna mai aapke liye krta hu. Mai marr jaaunga lekin aapko bhaijaan ke saath nhi dekh paaunga Sehrish."

He said and Sehrish felt tears fall down her eyes freely. He slowly removed his hand from her mouth and cupped her face.

"Le chale mujhe yaha se Hamza. Mai nhi krna chahti ye nikah. Please mujhe kahi le chale. I love you Hamza. I really love you!"

She cried in his arms and he caressed her haid whispered whispers confessions.

"Behad mohabbat krta hu mai aapse Sehrish. Nhi jee paaunga aapke bina."

When the two of them calmed down a little he looked straight into her eyes and asked.

"Nikah krengi mujhse?"

She nodded without any hesitancy and he kissed her forehead.

A few days later the nikah topic had settled among the members and everyone was calm.

Hamza as usual was dropping Sehrish to her school. But instead of turning towards her school he turned the other way making her frown.

"Hamza! Rasta yaha se nhi aata."

He nodded with a smile and asked her.

"Aapko yaad hai humne aapse ek sawal kia tha. Nikah ke baare mai?"

She nodded lowering her eyes. He smiled and said.

"Ek baar phir puchh rha hu Sehrish. Nikah krengi mujhse?"

She nodded and whispered a meek 'Jee'. He stopped the car and turned to her.

"Toh chaliye!"

Sehrish looked at him wide eyed. She turned to the building in front of them and then back at him.

"Abhi?"

"Jee. Aapko problem hai?"

She shook her head after a thought and grinned wide.

"Let's go then."

They got out and Hamza motioned her to move forward. She lowered her head in shyness but stopped after two steps.

"Lekin witness?"

"Hamare kuch dost aaye huye hai already."

He replied and she continued walking. They waited for their names to be called.

"Hamza Khan. Sehrish Khan."

They got up and Sehrish took a deep breath. They sat in front of the registrar who noted down all their details. He handed them the certificate with their details and got their signatures on it.

Sehrish turned to him who already was looking at her. Her husband! She blushed and he kissed her knuckles making his friends hoot and Sehrish blush even more.

He kissed her forehead and she hid herself in his embrace.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️