15.6

Vaishnavi felt her breath being sucked out of her lungs.

"You shouldn't have done that. I was so nice to you."

He was mumbling and she was going numb by each second. With shaky breaths she called him.

"Na-Naman?"

It was a whisper but she heard it and tears fell her eyes.

"Roshni!"

She pulled out of his arms and ran to the washroom. She puked and cried. She washed her face and eyes but her tears weren't stopping.

He thought her to be Roshni. That was why he was looking at her with so much love. That was why he said he was falling more in love with her. Because he thought her to be Roshni.

And just like that the most beautiful night of her life became the most dreadful night for her.

She couldn't sleep. She just kept sitting on the sofa wiping the tears that slipped down her eyes and looking at his sleeping form with hurt.

He could never be hers. He was Roshni's. Not hers. She had tortured him enough. He could be with whoever he wanted to now.

As soon as she saw light outside she packed her bag and left for her home. She couldn't go to her parents for she didn't have anything to do with them. During the whole year they never bothered about her whereabouts.

She had an apartment that her company allotted her but she never used. Using the company access card she entered the apartment and cried some more.

Naman woke up with a pounding headache. He felt like someone was playing tabla on his head.

"Argh!"

He groaned and laid on his back with his hand over his eyes.

"Vaishnavi! Give me a Disprin yaar."

He called but there was no reply. He called again. Louder this time but still no reply.

He peeked open one eye and looked around for her. The bathroom door was open so she wasn't inside. Where was she? She wasn't someone who would wake up early.

Somehow opening his eyes he sat up only to get shocked seeing his condition.

Completely naked in the sheets, clothes scattered around the room. Did he give her a strip tease last night?

He closed his eyes and memories of him making love to her played in his mind making his eyes widen.

"What the fuck did I do? Where are you Vaishnavi?"

He called her which she declined on the first time making him curse himself. He called her repeatedly and she finally picked up on the 5th time.

"What?"

She snapped and he opened his mouth shocked. Ok! He messed up."

"I am sorry."

There was silence.

"What are you sorry for?"

He didn't know. He needed to see her.

"Where are you?"

"Doesn't matter. Mujhe thode time akela rehne de."

"Vaishnavi! Where are you?"

His tone told her he was going to use any means to find her if she didn't tell herself.

She told him her address and disconnected the call without any further words.

Just as she expected he was knocking at her door.

"Why are you here?"

He asked and she gave him a challenging look.

"I should be the one asking that. Why are you here?"

He took a step closer to her and she moved back making him freeze on his place. She had never moved back from him.

"You came here early in the morning. There is something wrong."

She turned away and he looked at her with hurt. Did he hurt her so much?

"Vaishnavi? Tell me one thing truthfully. Did- did I- force myself on you- last night?"

She turned towards him and looked at him with tears shining in her eyes.

"You did not."

"Then why did you come here?"

She sighed and took a deep breath.

"I am in love with you Naman. Have been since I remember. And last night was beautiful."

His eyes softened and he again stepped towards her only to be stopped by her next words.

"Until the point you took her name."

He frowned.

"Whose name?"

"Roshni's!"

Tears fell her eyes and he went numb. He did what? He remembered everything that happened but nothing after it.

"I did what?"

"You confessed your love aur mujhe laga tu mujhse keh rha hai. But no! You did everything imagining me as her and that has been killing me since."

Naman was shocked. He did not imagine her as Roshni. He knew it was her.

"No! I knew it was you. I might not be in control of my actions but I was aware it was you Vaishnavi. And I did not confess my love to her. Mujhe yaad bhi nhi maine kab uska naam lia."

She looked at him with tears flowing down her eyes.

"You want me to believe that. I know I have ruined your chance with her Naman. If not for me tu aaj bhi uske saath hota. But you know what. Don't let me stop you now. You can stay with her-"

"I don't want to! I don't want her. And even if I did her husband won't allow now."

He said sarcastically and she looked at him wide eyed.

"Husband? She got married?"

He nodded and said.

"Yesterday."

She looked at him and asked him with shock.

"Yesterday? You went to her wedding? That's why you came home drunk. And that's why you did and said all that."

"Vaishnavi! I accept I did go to her wedding. But it wasn't because I loved her. The love or whatever I had for her was over long back. The moment she chose not to wait for me when I was ready to. I knew she wasn't the one. And about why I drank yesterday was because I was frustrated and angry. Not because I was hurt over her. About what I said about my love. I was saying that to you. I love you Vaishnavi."

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️