Epilogue

*5 years later*

Saira screamed in pain clutching her mother's hand as she used all her strength to push forward. Tears were streaming down her face and sweat covered all her body.

She was tired. Completely exhausted. Her eyes were dropping and so was her blood pressure.

"One last push mam. A hard one."

Saira didn't have energy to even move her limbs let alone push again.

"I can't maa."

She whispered but her mother jerked her hand not letting her sleep.

"It's not for you Saira. It's for the little baby inside you. Apne liye nhi uske liye meri jaan. Ek final push. You can do it bache."

She said caressing Saira's head. She wiped the sweat off her face and Saira screamed and pushed with all her might.

She felt something slide out of her and she fell back tired. A loud wail resonated in the delivery ward and Saira's eyed teared up.

Her mother kissed her hand and that was the last thing she remembered before she slipped into a slumber.

Karan who was pacing outside the room since the past 4 hours finally stopped hearing the wail. His baby's wail.

His eyes teared up and he felt Rajiv's hand on his shoulder.

Rajiv had returned from the rehabilitation centre 2 years back but Karan didn't let him live in their home not knowing how Saira would react.

Saira knew what he had done was under the influence of drugs but he couldn't force her to accept him just because of that. It was her who went through all the pain and trauma.

Karan had told Saira the truth about everything he had done and why he married her. She was shocked but wasn't angry because he might have thought all that but he never hurt her even mentally let alone physically.

Karan hugged Rajiv who consoled his brother.

"Congratulations bhaiya! You're a father now."

Karan chuckled with tears in his eyes and patted his back.

"Congratulations to you too. You're also a chachu now."

Rajiv grinned. The doctor came out but without the baby.

"You have a baby boy Mr. Ahuja. Your wife is resting and we are taking the baby for some general checkups. You can meet him after that."

Karan nodded and went to the room Saira was shifted.

Her mother was sitting there smiling at her daughter. She was caressing her hand as if lulling her into sleep.

"Maa?"

Karan called while Rajiv stayed behind. He wasn't sure whether he could enter or not.

"Karan! Bilkul tum pr gaya hai tumhara beta. Exact copy. Saira is going to throw a tantrum when she sees him."

Her mother chuckled and Karan sat beside Saira. He caressed her hair and kissed her head. She called Rajiv inside too and he sat on the sofa in the room.

Saira woke up after a few hours. Karan helped her sit.

"You okay now?"

Karan asked and Saira nodded keeping her head on his shoulder.

The nurse came with their baby and handed him to Saira.

She smiled seeing her baby and felt her eyes water.

"He is so pretty Karan."

She whispered and Karan nodded admiring his son.

"Thank you for giving me such a beautiful son Saira. I love you meri jaan."

He whispered kissing her head. They sat admiring their baby.

"Can I hold him now?"

Karan asked and Saira nodded passing him to Karan.

"Hi baby. I am your papa. I promise to protect you from everything meri jaan."

He whispered making Saira smile.

"Achha bhai ab nani ki baari hai na."

Her mother said and took the baby from Karan and cooed at him. He gave her a little smile as she grinned widely.

That was when Saira's gaze fell on the person standing in a corner.

Their eyes met and everything froze. Rajiv bowed his head not being able to look into her eyes. Karan who noticed the sudden change in atmosphere realised she might not be comfortable in his presence.

"Rajiv!"

Karan called and signalled something to him to which he nodded.

"I had some work. I'll leave now. Congratulations to both of you."

He said and started leaving when all of them froze hearing a soft voice call his name.

"Rajiv?"

Rajiv froze. Karan looked at her wide eyed and her mother was equally shocked while the baby in her arms looked at her face clueless.

Rajiv slowly turned but didn't look up. How could he face her after what he had done to her?

"Apne bhatije ko ek baar dekhoge bhi nhi?"

He looked at her wide eyed. She had a soft smile on her face. Karan looked at his wife teary eyed.

How generous and kind hearted could she be?

"Baby ne sab ko dekh lia. Sirf apne chachu ko chhod ke."

She said and Rajiv's lips wobbled as he tried his best not to burst out crying.

He slowly walked towards them. His eyes on the little bundle of joy wrapped in red blanket.

Her mother carefully forwarded the baby to him and he said.

"Mujhe-mujhe pakadna nhi aata."

He said innocently and her mother smiled. She told him how to and he followed her.

A sob finally escaped his mouth when his little nephew gave him the widest smile he had ever seen a baby give someone.

Saira's mother took the baby from him as Rajiv fell on his knees crying.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry bhabhi. For whatever I did to you. Mai kabhi uss cheez ko justify nhi kr skta. I am your sinner."

He cried and sniffed looking up when he felt a soft touch on his hand.

"Everyone commits mistakes Rajiv. The important thing is whether you regret and repent. Jo aapne kia. I forgave you Rajiv. Get up now."

He looked at her wiping his tears and said.

"Thank you so much bhabhi. I am so sorry."

"Stop saying sorry. Since he doesn't have a bua toh iska naamkaran aapko hi karna hai. Naam dhundna shuru krdo aap ab."

She said smiling and Rajiv nodded proudly. Karan side hugged her and whispered and thank you to her.

All was fine with their world again❤️.

**************************************
This story is over. I hope you guys liked it.😁

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️