15.3

Naman ran inside hearing Vaishnavi's scream and saw her thrashing things around her while crying.

He ran to her and held her in his arms trying to stop her.

"No! Leave me! Tu bhut bura hai. You lied to me. I saw you hugging her. You're not going to leave her. I know you're not."

She cried and hit his chest and he looked at her helplessly.

"Vaishnavi! Vaishnavi meri jaan please don't do this. I love her. Pyaar krta hu mai usse. Nhi chhod skta. Please!"

Vaishnavi froze. He loves her. He loved that girl. She knew Roshni didn't like her. It was clear by the way she looked at her. And she knew in future she would snatch the only family she has from her. Leaving her all alone again.

"Leave!"

She whispered making him look at her surprised. He knew she was pushing him away so that she doesn't get hurt. He didn't want that.

"Vaishnavi -"

"Leave Naman! Chala jaa!"

She pushed him. He tried saying something but she continued pushing him and shut him out of the room.

Naman sighed and slumped on the bench. He held his face in his hands and cried silently.

"I understand why she is behaving this way lekin this is too much Naman. How can she ask you to leave me. Mai samajhti hu wo possessive hai and all lekin-"

"Please Roshni. I can't do this again. I told you the reason she is like this. She has no one apart from me. And she is scared she'll lose me too."

Roshni looked at him shocked. She wasn't expecting him to side with her. Jealously took her over senses and she spat out.

"Really? She has a family Naman. Tumne usse kuch jyda hi chhoot de rkhi hai. She is hugging you, kissing you, knowing you have a girlfriend aur tum-"

"Roshni! I am already tired. Mai tumse argue nhi karna chahta. Please can you instead of fighting with me support me. I need it right now. Kyunki mujhe kuch samajh nhi-"

"Naman!"

They heard a loud voice call and turned to see a couple running towards them. Roshni recognised them as Naman's parents. They looked worried.

Naman got up and hugged his mother.

"I am scared mumma. She looks so fragile. How am I going to solve this problem?"

His mother rubbed his back calming him down. Before she could say something they heard a commotion in front of her ward.

Naman's heartbeat accelerated and he dashed towards her room only for his heart to stop.

There stood his lifeline with a knife in her hand. She had it over her wrist and a blank look on her face.

"Didi kya kr rhe ho? Lag jaayegi please wapas rakh do usse."

Sharda didi said but Vaishnavi just looked blankly at Naman.

"Lagne do na didi. Ab waise bhi yaha rehkr kya krungi mai. Hai kaun yaha mera. Maa baap ko mai kabhi chahiye nhi thi. Bhai ka hona na hona ek barabar tha. Ek hi toh insaan tha jo zindagi tha meri."

She then turned to look at Roshni with a look that screamed that if she could Roshni would have been dead by now.

"Lekin ab usse bhi mujhse chheen rhe hai. Kya krungi mai akele. Nhi jeena mujhe. Aap please mujhe -"

"Vaishu!"

She stopped and looked at the woman who had given her the love of a mother. The love her own mother did not give her.

She looked at her with tears pooling her eyes and lips wobbling and whispered.

"Maa!"

Naman felt like he would cry now. He remembered the first time she had cried like this.

Naman and Vaishnavi were 5 years old and they had an event in school. Vaishnavi had been learning a beautiful poem for her mother and wanted to recite it to her on stage.

Only if the little child knew that her parents never bothered about her. It was their elder son's football match the same day and both of them were there.

Vaishnavi's name was called and the teacher asked her mother to come forward. When no one did Vaishnavi looked around with her cute button eyes searching for the familiar face but they were not there.

All the eyes were on her and the little girl bowed her head as tears flowed down her eyes silently. Her lips wobbled and she sniffed.

"Vaishu! Mumma sorry! Late ho gyi."

She saw Naman's mother climbing up the stage holding her tears and looked at her with wobbling lips. She sat in front of her and Vaishnavi launched herself in her arms crying.

His mother had wiped her tears and then Vaishnavi had started reciting the poem with an excited, toothy grin.

That was the last time she felt alone in a parents' event. Every time after that Naman's mother or father had showed up as her guardian too making sure she doesn't miss such events again because of her parents.

Vaishnavi hugged his mother and cried.

"Naman bhut ganda hai. Mujhe akela chhod rha hai. Sab mujhe chhod dete hai. Kyu koi mujhe pyaar nhi kr skta? Mai itni buri hu kya maa? Mujhe nhi rehna akele. Darr lagta hai-"

The nurse had injected her when she was in his mother's arms and she went unconscious.

Some time later the doctor called them in his cabin and explained them the reason for such behaviour of hers.

"She is suffering from depression. The most dangerous form of depression. Aap usse ek minute ke liye bhi akela nhi chhod skte else she might try to do harm herself or end her life like she just did. You have to make sure she doesn't feel like you're going to leave her alone. She is especially close to you."

"Is this curable?"

It was Roshni. Naman didn't say anything. He was happy she was trying to understand. He didn't know she was actually asking this because she wanted Vaishnavi to leave Naman's side as quickly as possible.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️