8.5

After enjoying their food he got up again holding her hand.

"Kuch jyada hi free nhi ho rhe tum?"

She asked pointing towards their joined hands. He pulled her closer and round his arm around her shoulder.

"Aaj toh allowed hai. Aaj tum meri date ho na."

He said winking and she looked away mumbling.

"Yeah! Right!"

She didn't want to accept that his words affected her. She didn't want that to happen. Not again. Once was enough for her.

"Ab hum yaha kyu jaa rhe hai?"

She asked when he entered the restaurant. He just winked and pulled her closer asking her to follow.

He took her to the terrace and made her stand near the railing. She gasped at the view.

"Wow! This is amazing!"

The city looked so pretty from here. She stood there admiring the view with her hands on the railing when she felt him behind her.

He slipped a ring in her finger making her turn back in shock. He looked at her with such raw emotions that she felt her throat clog.

"I've always wanted to say this. Lekin kabhi himmat hi nhi hui. Jab hui tab tak thodi der ho gyi thi. Lekin shayad yahi destiny thi. Aur issi destiny ne ek baar phir mauka dia hai mujhe. Ki mai tumse ye keh sku. I love you Varsha! I really really really love you."

He said looking into her eyes and slowly leaned in. She stood there shocked at the confession.

Just as his lips touched hers she felt butterflies erupt in her stomach. For a split second she forgot everything and closed her eyes.

Akshay's face flashed in front of her eyes and she opened them pushing him back slightly.

She looked at him wide eyed and tears flowing down her eyes.

"I-I can't. You know that I can't. Mai ye dobara nhi kr skti Eshaan. I can't go through the pain and suffering again."

Hurt flashed in his eyes.

"I am not that bastard Varsha. I am never going to hurt you or give you any pain. Pehle bhi tumhari khushi ke liye peeche hat gaya tha. Aaj bhi kr skta hu. But I just want a chance. To show you that you can have the life you have always wanted."

She cried and shook her head.

"I can't do this again Eshaan. I don't want to do this again. Bhut mushkil se move on kia hai but his memories still haunt me. I will never be able to love you like you deserve to be loved. And I don't want to lose you. Please don't do this Eshaan. Please!"

She cried and he felt tears fall down his eyes. He knew she was still in pain. And it was that bastard's doing. He had ruined her life once and he is still doing that.

Eshaan pulled a sobbing Varsha into his arms and she hugged him tightly.

"It's ok. Shh! It's fine. So what if you can't love me. Mai toh tumhe pyaar kr skta hu na. You can not stop me from loving you. And I am going to show you what it feels like to be loved."

He said kissing her head and hugged her tightly.

He dropped her home and she removed her seat belt getting out.

He held her arm and pulled her back. Cupping his cheek he kissed her head and mumbled.

"Good night!"

She rushed out trying to control her wild heartbeats. Why was he making her feel things?

Her eyes fell on the ring that she forgot to return. She closed her eyes trying to sleep but the kiss played in her mind and she opened her eyes sitting on the bed.

She messaged Anaisha is she was free and could talk. Her phone rang the next minute.

"Bitch! Since when do you have to ask before calling? Kya baat hai?"

Varsha took a deep breath before narrating what happened.

"Woah! So he finally proposed."

"You knew!"

"Ofcourse I knew. Mera bhai hai yaar wo."

Varsha didn't know what to say. She heard Anaisha sighing.

"Varsha! It's ok to move on and to want to experience something like this. And trust me not everyone is Akshay. Eshaan is not him. Aur phir tu kab tak uss ke peeche aise roti rahegi. Honestly after that incident mai bhi darr thi. But you know men like Eshaan and Varun do exist. And see how happy I am. Tu bhi ye deserve krti hai Varsha. The only thing is that you to trust him and yourself."

Varun was Anaisha's husband. The two had an arrange marriage and were absolutely in love.

"I'm confused."

"Let him clear it. Whatever you want to ask, ask him. You'll know his real feelings. And you have known him since childhood."

Varsha thought about it the whole night.

The next day he was dropping her home and she was looking at him. Like always he had a smile on his face but his eyes spoke a lot.

"Since when do you love me?"

She asked suddenly making him look at her surprised.

"I-umm-I think since always. I mean I have had a crush on you since always aur dheere dheere it started increasing and I think I was 19 when I realised I was in love with you."

He said with a smile remembering the time. A microscopic smile formed on her face.

His smile suddenly fell as he remembered what happened after he decided to confess.

"I was so happy and excited to tell you. Tumhare ghar pahucha toh I got a surprise instead. Your mother said you were getting married."

Varsha looked at him surprised.

"Tum aaye the? When? It was you on the door?"

He nodded and clutched the steering wheel tightly.

"That moment aisa laga jaise kisi ne saans chhen li ho. It might sound cringe but I felt like I'd die rather than seeing you with someone else."

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️