4.8

Karan was shocked to see his brother choking his wife. What shocked him even more was her condition.

"Bhaiya!"

Rajiv left her and she fell on the floor coughing rigorously. Karan immediately ran to her and cupped her face.

He caressed her swollen cheek and she hissed. He felt anger course through his body seeing her torn sleeves. He made her wear his coat.

He punched Rajiv hard and he fell on the bed from the impact.

"How dare you? Himmat kaise hui teri Rajiv usse haath lagane ki? What were you trying to do? She is my wife. Your sister-in-law. Maa samaan hoti hai bhabhi and you were trying to r-"

He couldn't complete his sentence because he saw Saira walk towards the door. He left Rajiv who sat there frozen on the bed.

He held Saira's hand and stopped her.

"Saira? Where are you going?"

He asked softly turning her around. She looked at him and the next second she went limp in his arms.

He looked at her limp body panicked and looked around for water.

"Get me water you fucking bastard."

He yelled at Rajiv who immediately passed the water jug to him. Karan splashed water on her but in vain.

He picked Saira in his arms bridal style and went out not before warning Rajiv.

"If anything happens to her pray for your life Rajiv.

Karan ran out with Saira and rushed to the hospital.

Karan paced outside the room she was being examined in. The doctor came out and Karan ran to him.

"Come with me Mr. Ahuja. I need to talk to you."

Karan followed him trying to keep the negative thoughts at bay.

"Your wife has been brutally assaulted. The fingerprint marks on her cheek and neck are too prominent."

Karan closed his eyes and the doctor asked.

"Someone close by I suppose."

Karan didn't say anything and the doctor continued.

"But the wounds are not only external Mr. Ahuja. This incident is sure to leave  deep impact on your wife's brain too. There is a 100% chance that she starts fearing even your touch. She might get nightmares and even panic attacks. I want you to be prepared and take extra care of her."

The doctor said writing something on the prescription.

"These are some medicines. You will have to take extra care of her. The incident is shocking for any normal human being and her condition just worsens the case."

"Condition?"

Karan asked and the doctor looked on surprised.

"You don't know? Your wife is 5 weeks pregnant Mr. Ahuja. But if her mental condition is not good she might even lose the baby. Her body is already not mature enough to handle it aur upar se this incident."

The doctor said and Karan released a wavered breath. What have you done Rajiv?

The doctor asked him to let Saira stay under observation for the night and Karan angrily rushed home.

He saw Rajiv at the same position he left and clutched his collar.

"Agar meri biwi ya bache ko kuch hua na Rajiv toh mai zinda nhi chhodunga tujhe."

Karan had tears in his eyes. Rajiv looked at his brother and said.

"I didn't want to do it bhaiya. I did not hate her. I didn't want to hit her or do anything like this. I didn't want to. I didn't want to bhaiya."

He mumbled over and over making Karan look at him in shock. What the hell is happening?

"Rajiv! RAJIV!"

He called him making Rajiv look at him with tears in his eyes.

"Please save me bhaiya. Mai marna nhi chahta. Mujhe bacha lo please. Mai Saira ko hurt nhi krna chahta tha. I wasn't in my senses bhaiya. I was under the influence of-"

He stopped making Karan's breath stuck. Under the influence of what?

"Under the influence? Under the influence of what Rajiv?"

"I-I was under the influence of drugs bhaiya. Mai ye nhi krna chahta. Mai marna nhi chahta. Please save me bhaiya."

Karan fell on his knees. He cried. He was scared. His wife and child were under observation and he didn't know whether his child would live or not and his brother was on the verge of going mad.

His family was falling apart and he seemed not to be able do to anything.

"What have you done Rajiv? What have I done? I failed Rajiv. Mai nhi sahi parvarish de paaya tujhe. What kind of a father would I be if I couldn't be a good brother?"

He cried holding his face in his palms.

The following year was the worst and the darkest of their lives.

Karan had sent Rajiv to a rehabilitation centre.

Saira, as the doctor had said started fearing even Karan's touch and the presence of every male around her.

It took him a lot of time to get her to trust him again. In the meanwhile he body had weakened a lot and they were forced to abort the baby else she would have died.

Saira had almost slipped into depression. As if this wasn't enough Saira's father had hit her mother so hard that she had been unconscious for two days straight.

This seemed to be the last straw because after that she insisted on getting a divorce from him and on Karan's suggestion started living with them.

With her mother with her Saira seemed to slowly get fine and coming out of her shell.

She did miss her baby and feel empty inside. Even if for some time it was a part of her.

Karan had been in regular touch the rehabilitation centre Rajiv was in and took his updates although he didn't directly talk to him.

He didn't know how Saira was going to react seeing Rajiv when he comes back.

Saira had always been uncomfortable around Rajiv and after that incident she would never want to be in his vicinity.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️