4.1

Saira clutched the pillow tightly to her ear and curled up further inside her blanket trying to cut off her father's yells and her mother's painful screams.

She whimpered as she heard another one her mother's screams. She wished she could do something to help her mother out of this hellhole.

Saira had never seen her parents spending loving moments even once. Her father had always hit her mother at her slightest of faults.

The food was bland. *Slap* The food was too salty. *Slap* She didn't iron her clothes. *Slap* She couldn't wash his clothes properly. *Slap* She took too long to serve food. *Slap*

At times her mother was hit even in front of her. But she couldn't do anything. She was scared. Scared that he would hit her too. Moreover they didn't have anywhere else to go.

The next morning Saira woke up and got ready for her college. She was in her final year.

She covered her dark circles with a little makeup and went down.

Seeing her father sitting there her appetite died and she walked past her father.

"Saira! Good morning wish nhi krna?"

She froze hearing her father's voice. Would he hit her for this? She turned around slowly and bowed her head.

"Go-good morning papa."

She said weakly and her father got up making her look at him in fear. He walked to her and Saira's heart beat with fear.

"Darr kyu rhi hai? Mai apni beti pr kabhi haath nhi uthaunga beta."

He said caressing her head and she nodded gulping with fear. She wished him a bye and quickly left.

"Saira! Lunch box beta."

She heard her mother. She turned back and saw her mother running towards her with her lunch box. She could see her mother's puffy eyes.

She knew her father had hit her mother with belt last night. Reason? Nothing. He came home drunk.

"He is not lying beta. He would never hit you. The only time that he had shown me love after our marriage was when I was pregnant with you. Rani ki tarah rakha inhone mujhe uss samay."

Saira's lips wobbled and she whispered.

"Why don't you leave him maa? Kahi aur chalte hai na hum. Kyu roz roz ye sab sehti ho tum?"

Her mother's smile diminished and a sad expression took over her.

"Kaha jaayenge? Kahi nhi hai hamare paas jaane ko. Ye samaaj hume waise hi jeene nhi dega. Yaha atleast basic needs to puri ho rhi hai."

"Kis keemat pr maa? Iss tarah toh maar daalenge ye aapko? Kisi tarah manage kr lenge hum. Chalte hai maa."

Her mother held her hands and sighed.

"Tu meri tension mat le. Tu apne upar dhyan de Saira. Tere aage abhi teri puri zindagi hai."

She said and went inside and Saira knew she would not listen to her.

She reached her college and sat on her usual seat in the front rows. Saira did not have many friends in the college.

She did talk to people but no one was her friend. She liked her own company. People were very judging here.

The only time she loved in college was her break. When she sat on the grass under open air. Nature gave her peace.

But today it wasn't there. She saw a large group at a distance. Something was definitely happening.

Either two people were fighting or arguing. And people loved drama.

Saira got up and started going somewhere else when she got a peek of what was happening.

Rajiv Ahuja. The college badboy was proposing someone. She didn't know the girl. Maybe of some other department.

"No. I already have a boyfriend."

The girl said and the crowd erupted in hoots and boos at Rajiv making him clench his jaw in anger.

No one ever dared to reject Rajiv Ahuja. But this girl did. And that too in front of so many people. He couldn't let her go like that. His reputation was at stake.

Saira shook her head at the typical drama and moved on back to her class. The incident was forgotten by her.

She reached home in a hope not to see her father. And luck seemed to be in her side because she saw her mother in the kitchen and her father no where.

She hugged her mother from behind and she smiled caressing her head.

"Aa gyi. Chalo go freshen up. Mai khaana laga rhi hu."

Saira did not move and said.

"Maa! Mai keh-"

"Saira! Jaao aur fresh hokar bahar aao."

Her mother said sternly and Saira sighed. Somewhere she knew her mother was right. They didn't have anywhere to go. How would they even survive if they moved out somehow.

And if her father found out he would beat her mother even more and might even lay hands on her.

The possibility of it scared her. She wished for some miracle that could save her and her mother.

Rajiv Ahuja entered his room in extreme anger.

"I don't care what you do. Just find something so that the girl regrets rejecting Rajiv Ahuja. Mujhe reject kregi wo? Meri reputation kharab kregi. I'll fucking destroy her reputation."

Rajiv yelled at someone on the call.

In the evening he was playing his video game when his elder brother sat beside him taking another controller and the two brothers played together.

"No! Harr baar kaise jeet jaate ho aap bhai?"

Rajiv groaned making Karan smirk.

"Some things never change Raj. Karan Ahuja never loses."

Rajiv rolled his eyes and Karan asked.

"So? How's college and studies going on?"

He asked making Rajiv whine. Karan chuckled. His brother hated studying. But he needed a degree to take over his share of business.

"Achha atleast pass toh ho jaayega na?"

"Haan bhai. Aaj tak fail nhi hua mai. Just like you said. Rajiv Ahuja never loses."

He mimicked his brother and the two burst out laughing.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️