7.4

Ajiya was on the terrace. Since the past two weeks, since that night she had been coming here daily. The cool breeze gave her peace.

She was trying. Trying hard to move on. But it was tough. Too tough.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear anyone come up.

She felt his presence behind her and she stiffened. Why was he making it more difficult for her to forget him?

She turned and started to leave without looking at him but stopped hearing his voice.

"Koi faayda nhi hai Ajiya. Gate locked hai aur chaabi mere paas hai. Aap tab tak bahar nhi jaa skti jab tak mai nhi chahta."

He said and she turned back enraged. She looked at him with angry tears in her eyes making him look at her shocked.

"Kya chahte hai aap? Aap mujhe pasand nhi krte maine accept kr lia. Lekin jab mai koshish kr rhi hu move on krne ka toh aap aisi harkatein kr rhe hai ki mere dil mai umeed jage. Joothi umeed. Mat kariye Armaan. Please mat kariye."

She pleaded and snatched the key from his hand. She had taken a step ahead when he held her wrist without thinking and pulled her back.

She had not expected the move at all and she lost her balance stumbling on him. She looked at him wide eyed and he held her arms to steady her. He himself was shocked at what just happened.

She moved back quickly as if his touch burned her. She couldn't do this. He was her na-mehram and she had no right to be close to him.

"I-I am sorry. Lekin Ajiya please meri baat sun lo ek baar."

He said when she again moved back. She stopped and turned.

"I am sorry for everything. I wish mai sab sahi kr paata. Kya uss raat jo kuch bhi hua hum usse bhula nhi skte? We all miss the old Ajiya. Sab gharwale, sab office ke log, everyone Ajiya, they miss their old bossy and dominating Ajiya than this vulnerable and weak Ajiya."

He said and she looked at him with tears slowly pooling into his eyes.

"I know maine bhut hurt kia hai aapko. But please meri wajah se khud ko aziyat mat do Ajiya. Mere liye na sahi, apne liye na sahi lekin bade abbu ke liye please come back."

The mention of her father made her tears fall freely.

"Mai aapka gussa aur strictness seh skta hu lekin khamoshi aur aansu nhi. Please forgive me and please let's go back to what we were before that night two weeks ago."

She wiped her tears and looked at him for a long time. Finally she picked up the keys that fell down and went out without a word.

Armaan thought that she won't listen to him. And obviously. She was hurt.

So the next day at breakfast he knew she was going to ignore him like she has been for the past two weeks.

"Armaan!"

He looked up shocked. Did she just call him? Like directly call him?

"Aaj office time pr hone chahiye aap. Bhut time se ye tardiness tolerate kr rhi hu mai. Ab nhi."

She said and he looked at her like she was a miracle. She looked back into her plate and smiled. He grinned wide making everyone look at him like he had gone mad.

The next few weeks passed by smooth. Ajiya was slowly getting normal with Armaan. He too had stopped fearing her anger. Well, she never got angry on him.

They started spending time on the terrace after dinner. The favourite part of her day for Ajiya.

Even right now she was sitting on the terrace looking at the night sky which looked beautiful glowing with millions of stars.

She saw a coffee mug appear before her before the steaming fragrance reached her nose.

She looked up to see Armaan standing with a soft smile and another cup in his hand.

She took it from his hand and he settled beside her making her smile.

"Shukriya!"

She said inhaling the sweet scent of the steaming beverage.

"So aaj ka hot topic kya hai?"

He asked in a playful manner. They had been discussing various things during their night sessions.

She smiled and thought.

"Let's talk about us today."

He said making her look at him shocked. Us. That made her heart beat wildly. The sound of him and her together as Us made her giddy.

"Us?"

She asked in a whisper and he nodded.

"You tell me about you in general and I'll tell about me."

She looked front taking a sip of her coffee sighing in pleasure.

"What do you want to know about me?"

She said avoiding eye contact. She always did.

"You still are not you Ajiya. Aap ka behaviour aaj bhi mere saath normal nhi hai."

He said and she sighed. Rubbing the cup between her palms she said.

"I know. And I am trying. Itne saalon ki mohabbat ko itni jaldi bhulana asaan nhi hai. Shayad kabhi kr bhi na paau."

She said and an eerie silence settled between them.

"But ab maine faisla kr lia hai. Ammi aur baba ko aur pareshaan nhi krungi ab. Isliye maine aaj ammi ko shaadi ke liye haan kr dia."

She said making him look at her shocked. She said what?

"Shaadi? Kis se?"

"Abhi pata nhi. Baba ki nazar mai hai kuch ladke. Wo kehte hai pehle wo milkr tasalli kr le phir ghar bula lenge. Ho skta hai nikah ke baad ye feelings change ho jaaye."

Armaan looked away and gulped. He didn't know how to react.

"Aap meri chhode. Ab aap bataye. Koi pasand hai? Mere baad aapka hi number hai."

She turned to him teasing him. He looked at her and stared straight into her eyes.

She felt her heartbeat rise and internally prayed for the answer to be a no.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️