9.6

The whole room filled with Karan's laughter as Preeta tickled her. He fell back on the bed with her on top of her but she continued tickling him.

He held her waist and pulled her into his chest and they looked at each other still panting from the laughter.

He turned her over and caged her under his body smashing his lips on hers.

She moaned when his hands entered her top and he entered his tongue in her mouth exploring every corner of her mouth.

He left her lips and started peppering kisses down her neck.

"Karan!"

She moaned and clutched his hair making him groan.

"I love you!"

She whispered making him stop abruptly. He looked at her not expecting it. She smiled softly and kissed his lips briefly.

"I-I-"

"Shh! It's ok. I didn't say it to hear it back. I said it because I wanted you to know it."

He continued to look into her eyes. She leaned in and kissed his lips. She held his hand which was inside her top and moved it upwards only for him to pull it back.

She looked at him with a frown and shook his head getting off her and laying beside her.

"What happened?"

"I can't. I can't do this. Not when I know that it won't be because I feel something for you, but because of lust. And I can't do that to you. I am sorry Preeta."

He whispered and she felt her eyes tear up. She hugged him tightly burying her face in his neck and he rubbed her back.

"I love you so much Karan."

He smiled slightly and they slept cuddling each other.

A week passed since that incident and the two were much more closer now. Karan would now share his thoughts with her with much more ease. Though at times he would go back to being the emotionless Karan he was.

Right now, he was sitting on the bed with his laptop typing something on it furiously and Preeta was reading a book.

She read a line and remembered something.

"Karan?"

"Yes, butterfly?"

Trying to ignore the butterflies in her stomach she asked.

"Why do you call me that?"

"Call you what, butterfly?"

"Karan!"

She whined and he chuckled. Cupping her cheek he caressed the tattoo behind her ear and whispered.

"Because you are a butterfly. Fluttering around the house all day. Pure ghar ko lively kr dia tumne. Just like mumma did."

He whispered the last line emotionally and she kissed his palm.

She then remembered what she actually wanted to ask and kept his laptop aside making him frown.

She herself settled in his lap and he looked at her with a look that said 'Ye bhi sahi hai'.

"I was thinking of adding somethings in our room. Tell me how is it?"

She asked showing him what she planned and that's how they spent the evening.

It had almost a month since Karan's outburst and Preeta was now trying to find the correct time to talk to him.

It was a Sunday so both the men were home.

Preeta was biting her lip looking at Karan who was reading a book.

"Don't do that butterfly. Let me be your guest."

She blushed and called.

"Karan?"

"Yes, butterfly?"

Damn the butterflies! She had been feeling so horny around him nowadays.

"Promise me you won't get angry and try to listen to what I am saying."

He looked at her knowing she was going to ask something difficult from him. Nonetheless he sighed and nodded. He can't deny her anything. Not when she was sitting with that cute, innocent look.

"I think you should talk to papa- before you go all I-will-not-listen-to-anything and I-don't-like-him mode meri baat sun lijiye."

She said and he closed his mouth which he opened to counter her just like she mentioned.

She went and settled on his lap and he looked at her trying to understand what she was doing.

"I know you are angry at him for not being there when you needed him. But he too was suffering Karan. You think he left you alone to suffer lekin aisa nhi hai. He was always there for you. He asked you not to show emotions because he didn't want you hurt from outsiders. Not from family Karan."

"He was busy in his work. Mere liye time hi nhi tha unke paas."

"It was his way of dealing with the loss Karan. Just like you lost your mother he also lost his wife. How do you expect him to react? How would you have reacted if something happened to me?"

"Preeta!"

He yelled. His eyes held fear even at the mention of it. He could not even imagine his life without her in it now.

"I am sorry. I am sorry. Karan please look at me. I am sorry."

She said cupping his face and he looked at her teary eyed. Cupping her neck he pulled her closer placing his forehead on hers.

"I don't know what I feel for you but imagining a life where I don't get to wake up with you beside me. I think I'd prefer death over it."

Cupping her face he kissed her softly pouring what all he couldn't say in words. She round her arms around his neck and clutched his hair kissing him passionately.

He left her lips kissing her neck. He was obsessed with her neck. She moaned and his hold on her waist tightened.

She cupped his face and made him look at her.

"Talk to papa. Please!"

He leaned in again and dug his face in her neck trying to distract her but she held his face firmly.

"Karan! Talk to him! You have me now. But him? After maa he is all alone. You don't talk to him, his wife is never coming back. He needs you Karan. Please!"

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️