12.6

"Armaan! Pehle meri baat sunna please. Don't interrupt me. Just let me let it out."

He looked at her with a little worry but nodded.

"I didn't ask time because I wanted to get to know you. I mean part reason but the real reason was that I-I wanted you to hate me so that-so that aap khud -khud iss shaadi ke liye mana kr de."

She sighed and he looked at her with a disbelieving expression.

"Why?"

He whispered unable to believe it. She bowed her head. All her insecurities at peak as she burst out.

"Because I don't want to be a disappointment to you. I don't want you to think I am a careless, immature, clumsy and incapable girl jo kuch nhi kr skti except for making people around her worry for her."

He looked at her shocked. Where was this coming from?

"Sanya! Tell me the truth. Who said all those things to you? And don't lie to me. No one thinks all this nonsense unless someone has said it to them."

She felt tears pool her eyes and he cupped her cheek.

"Sanya! Jaan please tell me."

He said wiping her tears. She looked at him with tears falling down her eyes.

"Everyone says so. My friends say I am clumsy and careless. My relatives think I am immature and incapable and mumma papa are always worried about my future."

He sighed and kissed her head.

"Listen to me now. I know you've lived most of your life listening to this nonsense toh tumhe shayad meri baat unbelievable lage but trust me it's the truth."

He took a pause waiting for an indication that she was listening to him.

"You're not careless. It's just that sometimes when we are with people we trust we become carefree but there's a difference. In being careless and carefree. Tell me when you are with someone younger than you or someone who's dependent on you are you not carefull about them?"

She nodded slowly and he smiled.

"See! Who says you're careless then. Your friends are idiots jinhe ye lagta hai. And about you being clumsy, so what? It's not something you can control. You may be clumsy in terms of tripping and slipping and I am clumsy about forgetting my stuff. We'll complement each other."

He said with a grin and she chuckled at little.

"About you being immature. I don't think so. The way you just handled that goon was wow! I was amazed and bowled over. You were amazing there! And that only someone who has maturity can do. Handle the situation well. You know exactly when to act mature and when to act all jolly and joking. And that's good."

"Really?"

She asked in a timid voice and he nodded kissing her head.

"Yes baby! It's amazing. And who the fuck thinks you're incapable?"

"Mumma papa are constantly worried about my future."

"And that makes you think you're incapable? Sanya! Parents are like that. They worry about their kids all the time. Even my parents do that. Tell me one thing. Jab Sanjana di was studying or when she was your age where they not worried about her? They were right? Did that mean she was incapable?"

She shook her head and he said.

"Exactly! Kyunki parents krte hai aise. They worry about the child's career until he/she is settled in their professional life. And they worry about their personal life until they get married and settle down happily."

"That means they'd stop worrying once I settle down and am happy? And that I am not incapable?"

"Nhi meri jaan! You're not incapable. Everyone is capable in their own different ways. So even if in future you decide you don't want to continue working I'll support you. Or even if you get promoted to a higher post I'll support even then. Whatever you do I'll support you. I'll be there with you in each step you take Sanya. Just let me do it."

"Mumma papa worry I understood lekin why do my relatives think that?"

He sighed and fished out his phone making her frown.

He played a song that made her laugh loudly.

Mai bhi changi, mera piyo bhi changa, meri maa bhi changi, rishtedaar behenchod!

He smiled finally seeing her laugh. She sobered up after some time and said.

"Armaan! Would you still love me if I told you I am very very weak in Economics. I hate the subject with my guts."

He blinked twice and then burst out laughing. He hugged her tight and said.

"Why will my love for you change because of a stupid subject you're weak in? Just because I am a professor of that subject?"

When she lowered her eyes and nodded slightly he lost it and laughed loudly.

"God! Sanya! What am I going to do with you? You're just so cute sometimes that I want to eat you up. Not yet though. That would be inappropriate. Shaadi ke baad."

He winked naughtily and she hit his arm gasping loudly while her cheeks reddened.

"I love you Sanya and all of this nonsense doesn't matter to me."

He kissed her head and she smiled saying it back.

"I love -"

"Shh! Before loving me start loving yourself Sanya. Because a person who couldn't love their own self can never love someone else."

She nodded and he looked at her caressing her cheek.

"So? Will you marry me now? Pwease!"

He said just like he had heard Aman and Arush say whenever they wanted something from her and she had told him that she could never deny their cute voice and faces.

She laughed and hugged him nodding happily.

"Yes! I will marry you. You can stop making that face now. Funny lag rhe hai aap."

He chuckled too and she sighed happily. Thanking God that she met him.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️