14.2

Tanya was ready. With each passing minute her breath started getting stuck. It was getting difficult for her to breath.

In some hours she'd be married to someone else. Someone she didn't love.

"Bhaiya? Kitni der mai aa rhe ho?"

She called Tarush. She heard some noises from behind and frowned.

Was someone fighting? Before she could ask something he spoke.

"Tu ready ho gyi?"

"Haan bhaiya."

"Mai aa rha hai. Jab tak mai call na kru bahar mat aana. Ok?"

She hummed and he disconnected the call. In 15 minutes her phone rang again. But this time it wasn't her brother.

It was Parth. Her hands shook as she picked up the call. Licking her lips and gulping the unseen lump she whispered.

"Jee?"

"I am outside. Bahar aa jao."

The call was disconnected. He was here? Why did her brother not come?

She got up and walked outside. He was waiting for her outside the gate and they stood facing each other.

His eyes slowly moved up from his phone and settled on her face only to freeze.

He opened his mouth multiple times but nothing came out. He finally released a sigh as if something was physically hurting him.

"Kya hua?"

She asked slowly.

"You-you-you look-"

Unreal. Like a dream. So so much more beautiful than I have imagined since years.

The words died in his throat and he whispered.

"-beautiful!"

She smiled faintly and bowed her head.

"Bhaiya kyu nhi aaye?"

She noticed how his smile fell and a serious expression took over his face.

"Wo venue par hai. Checking over the preparations."

She nodded and he helped her sit in the backseat of the car while he took the wheel.

They drove in silence. Tanya could feel something wasn't right. The frown on Parth's forehead was a clear indication.

Just then his phone which was connected to the car Bluetooth rang. It was her brother. Parth answered the call and her brother's voice resonated the car.

"Have you picked her up?"

Parth hummed and he continued.

"Bataya usse?"

Tanya's ears perked up while Parth looked at her from the rear view mirror.

"Abhi nhi. I'll let her now. See you at the venue."

He said and disconnected the call. Tanya didn't waste a minute in asking.

"Tell me what?"

He parked the car to a side. He needed to focus. Leaving his hands on the wheel he sighed. He looked up at her through the mirror and said.

"Parv ran away."

He said and she frowned. Parv was her would be husband. The man she was getting married to in a few hours.

"Ran away? What do you mean ran away?"

Parth clenched his jaw as he remembered what happened a few hours back.

Tanya was still in the parlour. Everyone was almost ready and were putting the stuff in the car to take to the venue.

Parth and Tarush were standing by the cars instructing the servants to load the stuff when they heard Tarush's father call for them loudly.

They ran inside hearing his worried voice and saw his father sitting on the armchair with his head in his hands.

"Ye shaadi nhi ho skti."

He whispered and everyone looked at him confused.

"Papa? Kya keh rhe ho? Kyu nhi ho skti shaadi?"

"Kyunki dulha bhaag gaya hai ghar se."

He yelled and tears fell his eyes.

"Meri bachi ka mazak bana kr. Hamari izzat ka mazak bana kr bhaag gaya. Kya jawab dunga mai Tanya ko."

Tarush clenched his fists and marched out of the house. Parth followed him and stopped him near the car.

"Kaha jaa rha hai?"

"Uss kamine ko dhundne. Aise kaise meri behen ko beech mai chhod kr jaa skta hai wo?"

Parth knew Tarush was angry. He was too. But someone needed to be sensible there.

"Aur phir kya?"

He asked calmly and Tarush looked at him confused.

"Phir kya matlab?"

"Matlab tune usse dhund lia phir kya? Zabardasti shaadi krwayega Tanya se uski? Aur wo khush rahegi aise insaan ke saath?"

Tarush realised what Parth was talking about and tears started forming in his eyes thinking about Tanya.

"Lekin Tanya? Usse kya kahenge hum sab? Sab rishtedaaro ko kya kahenge? Ab tak toh sabne aana bhi shuru kr dia hoga."

Tarush slumped against the car and cried silently while Parth stood there looking down lost deep in his thoughts.

"Ask the servants to get the stuff loaded in the car."

He said moving towards his car and Tarush looked at him shocked.

"Why?"

"Why matlab? Baarat ka welcome nhi krna tujhe?"

Tarush looked at his best friend as if he had lost his mind.

"Parth! The groom ran away. There's isn't going to be a baarat. There isn't going to be a wedding."

Parth looked away and said.

"Baarat bhi aayegi aur shaadi bhi hogi Tarush."

It took him two minutes to understand what he was trying to say and when he did his eyes widened.

"No! I am not going to let you do this."

Tarush said shaking his head. Parth sighed helplessly.

"Toh phir kya? Do you have any other solution? I can't let your, and your family's reputation be tainted Tarush."

"Mai tujhe ye sacrifice nhi krne dunga."

"Tere liye jaan bhi de skta hu. Ye toh kuch bhi nhi hai. Now excuse me. I have to get myself a sherwani for my wedding."

He said and left leaving Tarush stand there with tears. He didn't know whether he should be grateful for a friend like him or be sad for what his and his sister's life was becoming.

"Mai kuch puchh rhi ho Parth. Bhaag gaye matlab? Kaha bhaag gye?"

Parth gritted his teeth and spat out.

"He has left the country. With his girlfriend."

Tanya froze. Fled. Leaving her hanging. Not like she liked him or anything but what about her reputation? Her family's reputation.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️