4.6

He sighed and pulled her closer such that her back was against his chest and she gasped. He could feel her heavy breathing and wildly racing heart.

"Look at me Saira."

He called softly and kissed her shoulder rubbing her arms trying to calm her down.

He slowly turned her around and she looked at him teary eyed. He cupped her face and asked.

"Kya hua? I am sorry if I was too loud."

She shook her head and closed her eyes.

"You-you were angry. I've always seen papa slap or hit mumma with a belt when he was angry. Mujhe laga-"

She didn't complete her sentence and he stiffened. She thought he would hit her?

"I wasn't angry Saira. Just irritated aur bhi not because of you. And even if I am ever angry I won't ever raise my hand let alone hit you. Never meri jaan."

He whispered and she hugged him sobbing in his chest.

"I love you Karan."

She whispered making him go still. He didn't know what to say. He just hugged her tighter kissing her head.

After that day Karan had realised one thing. A person who had seen their mother being hit all their life on every small thing wouldn't hit anyone without a reason.

He hadn't got a chance to ask Rajiv what had actually happened. But Rajiv hadn't reacted or done anything so far. Maybe he too has forgotten about it.

Only if he knew how wrong he was.

"Saira!"

Rajiv called her making her look at him shocked. He never talked to her directly.

"I want to eat chicken yaar."

Saira looked at Karan. They were non-vegetarian? Why did he never tell her? But she never saw him eating it after marriage.

"Umm-chicken?"

"Haan. Wo khaata hai."

Karan replied still typing something on his laptop.

"Umm-kya khaana hai? Mai order kr deti hu."

"Crispy chicken tikka. And please you make it na."

She looked at him wide eyed. Make it? Like with her own hands?

"Mai? Banau?"

She asked to reconfirm and looked at Karan wide eyed when he nodded. Karan raised his hands in mock surrender thinking Rajiv was teasing her.

"Mai devar bhabhi ke beech nhi phass raha."

He failed to notice Rajiv's dirty smirk. Just then Karan recieved a call and Rajiv got up walking towards Saira.

"Come on Saira. Pehli baar kuch demand kia maine. Won't you do it? Chichen fridge mai rakha hai. Youtube pr dekh kr bana do na."