10.2

Krishav was sitting in the living room with his laptop doing some work and his mother was preparing for the wedding, calling the relatives while his father watched news.

Krish came out of his room and said.

"Mumma! Vishaka ne room me kuch cheezein add krwane ko bola tha. A proper vanity or something for her beauty products. Mai uske saath wahi select krne jaa rha hu."

He said making his mother nod and smile while Krishav's fingers on the keyboard stopped. He closed his eyes trying to calm his anger.

"Haan haan jaao. Uski pasand ki le aana sab cheezein. Krishav? Vaidehi ko kuch add nhi krwana tha kya?"

He shook his head trying to distract himself when he remembered about the bookshelf. He was about to say but let it be. Why would he change his room for her? For someone he never wanted.

Time passed by quicker than Krishav wanted and the date of his wedding came nearer. Since he was the elder one his and Vaidehi's marriage was first.

Her stuff was being shifted to his room. The maids and servants were arranging her stuff in his closets when one of the maids asked.

"Sir inn books ka kya krna hai?"

He looked at the carton of books she was looking at and rolled his eyes. Obviously the nerd.

"Wahi pade rehne do."

He replied casually and went back to his work.

Vaidehi sat in her new room in her bridal attire waiting for her husband. She had to pinch herself every morning to make herself believe that he was going to he her husband.

And even on their way home after marriage she pinched herself quite a number of times to make sure that she wasn't dreaming and that he was actually her husband.

It was her wedding night. She giggled and blushed at the thought of what might happen tonight.

Only if she knew her heart was going to be broken in a million pieces.

She looked around the room looking for the bookshelf she asked for but instead found her books in the carton she put them in while packing in a corner of the room and no bookshelf in sight.

She would ask him later. Maybe he forgot.

She straightened when he entered in. She looked at his blurry form from under her viel and saw him go straight into the washroom making her frown.

What was he doing? He was supposed to remove her viel. She still sat there waiting for him.

He came out 15 minutes later changed in his sweatpants and tshirt and laid on his side of the bed.

"Krishav?"

She called and he yelled irritated.

"What?"

"Umm-wo-aapko ye gunghat uthana tha-wo-muh dikhai-"

"Muh dikhai? Why do you even think mai tumhara muh dekhna chahta hu?"

He shouted sitting straight and she blinked her eyes confused. Why was he behaving this way?

"Umm-patni hu mai aapki?"

She more like questioned making him chucklw humourlessly.

He threw her viel away making her jerk back with the unexpected move. He clutched her arms tightly and she knew it was going to leave marks and maybe even wounds because she had extremely sensitive skin.

"Patni? Huh!? Nhi maanta mai tumhe apni patni. Mumma papa ke liye unki bahu aur Krish ke liye uski bhabhi ho skti ho tum lekin meri patni kabhi nhi."

"Kri-Krishav kya keh rhe hai? Please haath chhodiye mera. Dukh rha hai."

She cried painfully and he clutched her even tighter.

"Sach keh rha hu Vaidehi. Agar Krish aur Vishaka ek dusre se pyaar nhi krte toh aaj mai uss aurat ke saath hota jisse mai actually chahta hu. Aaj tumhari jagah yaha meri Vishaka hoti."

Vaidehi gasped and looked at him teary eyed.

"Aap? Di se?"

"Haan! Pyaar krta hu mai Vishaka se. Aur hamesha krta rahunga."

He said breaking her fragile heart and she continued looking into his eyes with tears falling down from hers.

He left her arm and laid on his side leaving her drowning in pain.

The rest of the night was a blur for her.

What was even more difficult for her was seeing her husband give jealous eyes to Krish and Vishaka whenever they were together.

Their wedding was a month after Krishav and Vaidehi's and Vaidehi as the elder daughter in law had to fulfill the responsibilities from her in laws side too.

During the wedding dinner she noticed how Krish and Vishaka fed each other in between and talked in low whispers. It was clear that they were so in love. She looked at her husband and saw him gripping his fork tightly glaring at the couple.

How unlucky could she be. Her husband was sitting right beside her and was getting jealous over the woman he loved. And she couldn't do anything about it because it was her own sister.

They helped the two for their photoshoot on his mother's insistence.

Vaidehi gasped softly seeing Krishav's fist clench tightly seeing Krish lean in for a kissing pose.

The following week Krish announced that he and Vishaka were going to Singapore for their honeymoon.

Preeti looked at Krishav and said.

"Tu aur Vaidehi bhi kahi ho aao. Tum dono ki bhi nayi nayi shaadi hui hai beta. Maine pehle nhi bola ki shaadi ki taiyariyan krni thi."

"Nhi ho paayega mumma. Office mai important kaam hai. Naya project lia hai abhi nhi jaa skta mai kahi."

He said not even looking up from his laptop killing the little seed of hope in Vaidehi's heart.

The same night she went to her room and her eyes fell on the carton of books.

She sighed knowing he hasn't forgotten the bookshelf. He never wanted to put it.

She picked up the box and put it in one corner of her closet. Her eyes lingering on them a little more than a few seconds. She had so many dreams of decorating her books, her only addiction properly. But she couldn't.

She didn't notice how a pair of eyes followed each of her movements and the sad look in her eyes seeing her books.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️