16.3

Aamya did end up sleeping in Aumveer's room beside him on the bed. Well, in his defence he couldn't resist her sad, pouty face.

Right now the two were on their way to his grandmother. It had been a few days since Aamya shifted to his place. Since then they have been planning a convincing story of how they met and what all they're going to answer.

Aumveer was too nervous while Aamya knew that his grandmother will believe she loves him. Because she does.

"Why are you so chill?"

Aumveer asked rubbing his sweaty palm on his pants and she shrugged sipping on her smoothie.

"Because I know everything is going to be fine."

He looked at her and saw her licking smoothie off her lips. Looking back at the road he cursed himself in his mind as he felt his pants tightening. Why the hell was he getting attracted to her?

The entire week with her in his bedroom, on his bed was torture for him. Pure torture. She slept wearing cotton shorts which rode up in the morning making him always wake up and have a fucking boner.

They reached her grandmother's place and Aumveer parked the car. They stepped out and Aamya slipped her hand into his.

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Jyada convincing lagta hai."

She said and he nodded his head mockingly.

"Right. Tumhe sab pta hai."

He mocked and she nodded proudly making him shake his head. He rang the bell and his grandmother's trusted maid opened the door.

"Kaun hai Lata?"

He heard his grandmother's voice ask from the kitchen.

"Aumveer bhaiya hai bhabhi."

The maid called back and went to the kitchen giving both of them warm smiles. Aamya smiled back while Aumveer looked even more nervous.

His grandmother came out 2 minutes later and smiled in his direction. It was a calculated smile indicating she was in the mood for an interview.

Oh oh! She was going to grill Aamya too much. He turned to her to give her a warning but there was no time.

"Mil gyi fursat dadi se milne ki?"

She taunted and welcomed them inside.

"Yaha mere paas baitho."

She asked Aamya when she started to sit beside Aumveer and he knew she was going to be tested mercilessly.

Giving Aumveer a fleeting look Aamya sat beside his grandmother.

"Namaste dadi!"

She greeted her and the old woman just nodded. Aumveer had pre warned her that she was going to be a little difficult but she wasn't a bad lady.

"Naam kya hai tumhara?"

Aamya sat straighter. Ok! Seems like the interview Aumveer talked about has started. Aamya plastered a smile on her face like she always had.

"Ji Aamya."

"Sirf Aamya? Aage kuch nhi lagati? Pura naam batao."

Ok! He wasn't wrong. She was scary when serious. Aamya now gulped a little but didn't show outward and replied.

"Aamya Gill."

"Age kya hai?"

"22 saal."

She looked at Aumveer with sharp eyes.

"Aumveer se bhut chhoti ho."

Aamya just nodded not knowing what to answer.

"Kam kya karti ho?"

"Ji ek American based company mai Junior Assistant ki post pr hu."

"Parivaar mai kaun kaun hai?"

The smile she was sporting till now wavered a little but she composed herself.

"Umm-koi nhi."

His grandmother frowned and asked.

"Koi nhi? Iska matlab?"

"Matlab mai orphanage mai badi hui hu dadi. I don't have parents or a family."

"Orphanage? Toh phir naam ke peeche surname kaise lagaya?"

"Wo actually Orphanage ke jo caretakers the wo Gill the toh waha sab bache Gill hi lagate hai."

She turned to Aumveer and looked at her sharply before taunting.

"Ye ladki pasand aayi hai tujhe."

Aamya's smile fell and she looked at his grandmother as she continued.

"Orphan hai. Maa baap nhi hai. Pata nhi sanskar kaise honge."

*Before you guys start hating her, Ruk jao zara sabar kro.*

Aumveer felt his blood boil seeing the hurt expression on Aamya's face.

"Dadi! Sanskar beech mai kaha se aa gye? Aur kya kami hai Ami mai sanskaro ki? Koi bhi ulti baat kri usne aapse? Aisa kaise keh skte ho aap? Aur rahi baat parents ki, isme uski toh koi galti nhi hai. And about family, she is not alone. Mai hu uski family, uske saath hamesha."

His grandmother smiled and Aamya felt her heart flutter. She couldn't avert her eyes from him.

"Kamal ho gaya aaj. Mera pota mere aage kisi aur ko defend kr rha hai."

Aumveer looked away cursing himself mentally for falling for her grandmother's trick.

"Dadi toh hamesha right hoti hai."

A 25 year old Aumveer had said while laying in her dadi's lap making her smile widely.

"Achha! Matlab dadi kabhi galat nhi ho skti kya?"

He shook his head.

"Nhi dadi is always right."

"Hmm. Lekin kuch time mai koi aur sahi lagne lagega."

She teased but Aumveer was adamant.

"Nhi! Dekh lena aap. Aapke aage kisi ko defend nhi krunga. Kyunki aap galat hote hi nhi."

"Aur kr dia toh?"

"Jo bologe wo haar jaaunga."

She smiled and said.

"Beta mujhe kuch bolne ki zarurat hi nhi padegi. Agar aisa ho gaya na toh samajh jaana ki dil haar gaya hai."

His grandmother gave him a knowing smile and turned to Aamya.

"Kabse jaanti ho Aumveer ko?"

Aamya who was still in an admiring Aumveer land came back and looked at her his grandmother.

She was thankful that they have prepared a detailed story of everything. Not major lies. But yes some modifications.

Taking a deep breath she started.

"Bachpan se."

"Bachpan se? Wo kaise?"

"Aapko shayad yaad nhi hoga lekin jaha aap pehle rehte the na mera orphanage wahi tha. Gill Orphanage and Childcare."

She remembered something like that.

"Haan shayad tha toh sahi."

"Jee. Veer ko mai tabse hi jaanti hu. Bhut achhe friend the mere. Lekin phir aap log yaha se shift ho gye aur hamara contact tut gaya. Abhi kuch saal pehle ye hamare college mai lecture deliver krne aaye the. Waha mile the. Wahi se dobara contact mai aaye aur bas tab hi se saath hai."

Aamya said and his grandmother looked at him.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️