Epilogue

The doctor sighed with a grim expression and said.

"She suffered a lot of blood loss. The foetus couldn't make it. I am sorry for your loss."

He looked up at the ceiling and a few tears leaked his eyes. He was happy that she was fine. But what would he tell her when she asks him about their baby? That he couldn't protect him.

"It wasn't your fault Aum. You couldn't have done anything bache."

His grandmother said caressing his hair and he bowed his head wiping his tears.

Aamya was shifted to a ward and Aumveer and his grandmother sat beside her. He couldn't look at her pale, fragile face. He loved to see her happy and glowing. When he couldn't bear to look at her anymore because his heart pained seeing her condition, he got up.

"Mai aapke liye kuch leke aata hu. Aur iski medicines bhi le aaunga."

After getting her medicines he was going towards the canteen when his phone rang. It was his grandmother.

"She is up!"

She said and Aumveer made a run for the ward. He entered the room panting and saw her talking to his grandmother.

"Ami!"

He breathed and she looked at him. She smiled weakly at him and he went towards her.

Not wasting any other moment he wrapped his arms around her careful not to hurt her and cried in her neck. His grandmother quietly got up leaving the couple in privacy.

"I am never going to talk to you again if you do it again. Sau mautein marne se achha toh mai ek goli lagne se mar jaata."

She kept her hand on his lips shaking her head and smiled.

"Aapko kuch ho gaya toh mai toh waise hi nhi jee paaungi."

"Aur mai jee lunga tumhare bina? Ek baar bhi nhi socha ki tumhare baad mera kya hoga? Nhi! Tum kyu sochogi. Tumhe mahanta ki murat banne ka shauk hai."

She pouted and said.

"Aap abhi bhi mujhe daant rhe hai."

He smiled and looked at her tears brimmed eyes.

"Dobara kabhi mat krna Ami. Mar jaaunga mai. I love you baby! I love you so much meri jaan."

He confessed and she looked at him wide eyed.

"Agar aapne aise hi confess krna tha toh mai pehle hi goli khaa leti na."

He glared at her and she giggled. He kissed her head and smiled caressing her cheeks. Her expression suddenly got serious and he knew what was coming.

"Hamara baby Veer?"

"I am sorry meri jaan. I couldn't save him."

Her eyes teared up. She knew about him for only some days but she had imagined so many scenarios. He wiped her tears and rested his forehead on hers.

"It's okay Ami. We can't change what happened. Iski saja ye hai ki ab hum milke bhut saare babies banaye."

She chuckled while wiping her tears and said.

"You only ever think of having sex with me nahi?"

He shook his head with an innocent smile but smirked and said.

"I'm going to make love to you meri jaan. Until we have a cricket team running around the house."

She gasped and hit his chest and they laughed. He kissed her head and rested his on hers smiling wide.

*10 years later*

Aumveer entered his room to see his wife sleeping peacefully snuggled into the blanket. Her lips pulled in a cute pout which he leaned in and pecked.

She was still the same little baby. Just a little more mature which was very much needed because of the mini Aamya that roamed around the house and another little one on the way.

Aumveer took the biggest and the best decision of his life when he got married to her 9 years back.

Although he knew she was expecting the question anytime but boy! He had not expected her to burst into tears. He couldn't blame her though. He himself cried when he proposed her.

His grandmother was the most excited one in the wedding. His parents also attended but as usual they were more busy in their life drama's than their son's marriage. He never liked his parents anyway.

They had shifted to his dadi's place after their marriage on Aamya's insistence because she wanted to live with her 'best friend' according to her.

The two were actually more like best friends rather than grandmother and granddaughter-in-law.

Even now his grandmother and she clicked pictures pouting and posing. Only now a third person joined them too. His princess.

"Papa!"

Here comes his heartbeat! She stood on the entrance with the ever cute pout she inherited from her mother and looked at him with her sleepy doey eyes.

"Yes papa ki princess."

He cooed opening his arms for her where she nestled comfortably. Oh his heart!

"Cuddle cuddle!"

She had learnt the word recently amd loved it. Aumveer held her more securely and laid on the bed with her on his chest.

He rubbed her small back and kissed her head repeatedly while softly humming an unknown tune. Soon he heard her soft snores and his heart went out again when he saw his shirt clutched in her little fists.

Oh how she gives him major baby fevers. He loved her so much. His little princess.

Kissing her head again he softly laid her on the bed and kissed Aamya's head and bump.

"I love you meri jaan. I love you also papa ki jaan."

He whispered to her and her belly and laid beside her making her turn her face to his side and her hand clutch his.

He smiled. She recognised him even in her sleep.

He thanked his grandmother for actually forcing him to find a girlfriend because if she had not, he would never have met his Sana.

And now looking back at his little family he couldn't imagine not meeting her. She was his home!❤️

**************************************
The story is over. I hope you liked it😁.

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️