13.1

Mishika wore her 5 inch pumps mentally grimacing at the condition of her feet by the end of the day. Pulling her hair back in a stylish, sexy ponytail she put her her makeup and finally completed the look with her Armani sunglasses.

Being an actress is tough. Being a new actress is more tough. You need to maintain an image so that people like you and continue to do so.

Indian industry is not very good about accepting newbies anyway. They would cast the same 50 year old actor but would not give chance to a new one because people won't accept it.

Mishika reached the studio where the promo for her first show was going to be shot.

They have been shooting alternate fays since three months now. She was the second lead.

Today they were going to shoot the promo for the launch of the show. The director they were working with was shooting another show simultaneously.

The promos for both the shows were going to be shot today.

She greeted the director and other crew members. She went to her vanity to get ready. Since the main leads of her show were not there yet she and her co-lead were getting their photoshoot done first.

It was almost three hours later that the main leads finally arrived and went to get ready.

Mishika in the meanwhile started roaming around the set.

Her eyes fell on a figure who was trying to find something in the studio. She had never seen the person before and got suspicious.

"Excuse me? Who are you?"

The person turned around and she froze. She knew who he was. The second lead of the other show being shot. But damn! She hadn't expected him to he so handsome in real.

Adhyay smiled and forward his hand.

"Hi! I am Adhyay Mahajan."

He said shaking her hand and she smiled.

"Mishika Mehta. Lekin what were you doing?"

"I was actually looking for my car keys. I think I dropped them somewhere here. Lekin ab mil nhi rhi."

He said sheepishly rubbing his neck and she chuckled.

"Let me help."

And they started searching for his car keys which they found lying under a stool at the side of the set.

"Thank you."

He said and she nodded. They looked at each other awkwardly not knowing what to say next.

"You're the second lead for Tere Vaaste right?"

He asked even though he knew she was. She nodded and smiled.

"Yes I am. Our shows are airing on the same date. Yours is an hour after ours."

He nodded and asked.

"So? What the plot? I mean I know it is a love story. Every Indian show has one. But what is the plot?"

She chuckled at his comment. It wass true. Indian shows are incomplete without a love story.

"Well, the leads have a what you call a love or maybe an attraction at first sight. The second leads that is me and my co-lead are portraying an enemies to lovers."

He gave her an impressed look.

"I love that trope. The best out of all."

She laughed and nodded agreeing with him.

"What trope is yours?"

"The main leads have an arranged marriage and the second leads which would be me and my co actress are depicting childhood friends to lovers."

"Somehow even after being the second leads we are getting the best tropes."

She said and he nodded as both of them shared a laugh. A comfortable silence ensued between them.

"Adhyay! Your shot is getting ready. Come on!"

His crewmate called him and he showed his fingers indicating he was coming in 5 minutes.

"I'll have to leave. We should meet up sometime. I liked talking to you."

She smiled and nodded.

"Sure!"

He unlocked his phone and forwarded it to her. She smiled biting her lip and punched her number in his phone giving it back to him.

He saved it and gave her a missed call.

"That's mine!"

He said and rushed off while yelling.

"Let's coordinate over call about our next meet?"

She yelled an 'Ok' back and chuckled to herself when he ran back grinning at her.

She liked talking to him too. It didn't seem like they were meeting for the first time.

Conversation with him felt natural. And now she really looked forward to their next meet.

Adhyay too was really excited but was doubtful about whether he should message her first or not. Would he look too desperate? Would she consider him a creep? What if she initiates a #MeToo movement against him?

God no! He wasn't going to harrass her. He wanted to meet her and get to know her as a friend. Nothing else. He genuinely liked her company.

And she would understand right? If she would not be comfortable she would deny or maybe he would get to know by the way she responds.

Fuck it! He was texting her now. It was better than regretting not texting her.

Mishika was in her vanity taking her break between the shoots when her phone pinged.

She sat up straighter seeing the name associated with the text. It's been two days since the promo shoot and she thought that he might have forgot about her.

She bit her lip nervously as she opened his message.

Hey! How are you?
Are you free this Sunday?
Wanna have lunch with me?

Her heart thudded loudly in her chest. He had asked her out. Taking a deep breath and calming her shaking hands she typed with difficulty.

Hi! I am good.
I am.
Sure why not.

Great!
Let me know the place if you have any in mind.
I'll see at lunch then.

His message came almost instantly and she knew where she would meet him. She didn't want to attract media attention and she had the perfect place in mind for that.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️