5.1

Rishav entered his home feeling exhausted yet satified. Today was a productive day according to him.

He tended to around 30 patients and earned quite good for a day.

It was 12:30 but he felt satisfied. His eyes fell on the figure sleeping in a sitting position on the dining table.

The food was neatly placed and covered in front of her while the plates were still untouched.

He sighed. Her habit of waiting for him each night irritated him sometimes. Why can't she just eat and sleep? But no! She has to make him feel guilty.

He first went to his room to freshen up. He took a warm shower as he thought about it.

Rishav Mehra has always been a prodigy for his parents. Bright and extremely intellectual at the age of only 10 years he had made his parents proud at winning a trophy at the National Science Olympiad.

He was very hard working and dedicated towards his studies. His hard work gave him the results when he cracked his NEET examinations in the first attempt and scored 3rd Rank all over India.

Rishav majored in Nephrology and bagged a job in one of the leading hospital chains in India.

He soon became a popular name in the Nephrology department. Once a patient was treated or tended by him he would never visit another doctor and would demand Rishav's treatment.

Such was the accuracy of his diagnosis. Rishav soon realised that he didn't want to work for someone else and decided to quit the job in the hospital and opened his own clinic.

The clinic became popular in little time owing to his previous patients in the hospital.

His parents were extremely proud of their son and his dedication towards work.

But soon this very dedication became the reason for their worry. Rishav was almost 29 and he still had no plans of getting married. Every typical Indian parents' only worry.

"Rishav! Beta aur kitna time chahiye tujhe? Kitni ladkiyon ki photos dikha chuki hu. Sabko mana kr deta hai. Agar koi pasand hai toh bta de na."

Rishav continued to read his book. It was on some other medical stuff. She was now irritated with her son's over workaholic nature.

She snatched the book from him making him sigh in frustration.

"Kya hai mumma? Kr lunga na yaar. Kya jaldi hai?"

"Jaldi hai! 30 saal ka hone wala hai tu. Mujhe meri bahu aur mere pota potiyon ka chehra dekhna hai ab. Aur agar tune iss baar mana kia toh mai tujhse dobara kabhi baat nhi krungi. Ya toh tu hume apne pasand ki ladki se milwa ya hamare pasand ki ladki se mai teri shaadi krwa rahi hu."

His mother declared. She even shed a few tears using the brahmastra of emotional blackmail. Aur maa ke aansu kise bardash hai?

Rishav gave in.

"Fine! Aapki pasand hi sahi."

His mother had smiled and showed him the girl she had liked.

Sneha Aggarwal was born in an orthodox family. Her father had supported her studies going against his parenta but that was the most he could do. She wasn't allowed to work.

And the moment her marriage was fixed she knew she could never work now.

But she was happy. Because she had likes Rishav a lot. Her mother had praised him so much that she had started dreaming her future with him.

Sneha had always been a hopeless romantic. She would imagine scenarios with him and then blush at her own thoughts.

Unknown to him who was unbothered about her she had started to fall in love with him.

He had never talked to her properly before marriage but she knew that he was a doctor and his profession demanded time and commitment.

She understood and made peace with it.

She would get to spend time with him after marriage.

Only if she knew how wrong she was...

Rishav wiped his wet hair and moved out towards the dining table.

He woke his wife up and she looked at him groggily.

A lazy smile formed on her face seeing him.

"Aa gye aap?"

She looked at the time and sighed.

"Its 1 am Rishav. Aap phir late hai. Tabiyat kharab ho jaayegi."

She softly scolded while going to hear the food as usual.

It happened daily. She would sleep on the table waiting for him. He would wake her up when he returned. She would heat the food while scolding him softly and he ignored her. They had their food with her blabbering stuff about her work.

Yes! After their marriage when he had got busy in his work again she felt too lonely and had asked him if she could work.

That was the only time he had actually and properly talked to her advising her all the companies she could apply in and also helped her prepare for the interview.

Then again, the only thing he enjoyed and cared about was work.

"Then why do you wait up? Khaana khaake so kyu nhi jaati tum?"

He asked irritated from her daily dose of scolding. She turned to look at him with a smile.

"Din ki ek meal hi toh hum saath kr paate hai. Wo bhi mai akele krke so jaau? Phir hum baat kab karenge? Saath time spend kab karenge?"

She asked and he shrugged.

"Toh kya baat krni hai?"

Her smile fell.

"Aapko mujhse baat nhi krni?"

"What is there to talk about Sneha. Mera kaam tum samajh nhi paaogi and I honestly have no interest in your work. We have nothing to talk about. Bina matlab apni neend bhi kharab krti ho."

He said moving towards the table and pulling one chair for him. If only he had looked at her he would have realised that his statement had hurt her.

Here she was looking forward to spend time with him and he didn't care. But then again, he never did.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️