8.1

Varsha got ready for her day. She came out of her room in hurry. She was going to be late for her class today.

Varsha Gupta is a professor at the Delhi University.

While rushing out her room she was stopped by her mother.

"Varsha! Beta aaj ho ske toh shaam ko jaldi krke aa jaana."

Her mother said making her frown.

"Kyu? Koi aa rha h kya?"

Her mother nodded not meeting her eyes and Varsha knew something was up.

"Kaun aa rha hai? Pehle toh nhi bataya aapne."

"Hai kuch guests. Tu bas time se aa jaaio."

Varsha knew her mother was hiding something. She had always been enthusiastic about having guests but today she seemed nervous.

Suddenly something clicked in her mind as she asked with special emphasis.

"Kaun aa rha hai maa?"

Her mother knew there was no use of hiding it. And it was better than making a scene in the evening when she got to know eventually.

"Tujhe dekhne ladke wale aa rhe hai."

This statement engraged Varsha a lot. She forgot everything about being late for her lecture.

"Dekhne? Kis se puchh kr? Maine toh haan nhi kri. Aur na mai kabhi krungi. Aur na ab aapko koi haq hai. Aapko lagta hai ab mai aapki koi bhi baat manungi iss se related."

She said and walked out fuming in anger. She gave a hard look to her father who looked down in his newspaper not able to look at her.

After that one incident four years back her relationship with her parents had changed drastically.

She reached college an half an hour late and missed her first lecture.

Her second lecture was with L section and she walked into the class.

Everyone got quietened seeing her and she greeted the class. She revised the topic they did on the previous day for 5 mins for the benefit of those who weren't present and then started the lecture.

Taking the attendance she moved out only to be stopped by a loud voice.

"Varsha mam!"

She turned and saw Eshaan Ahuja. Her best friend's younger brother and also her student walking towards her with a grin.

He was a little over 6 feet and towered over her 5"4 form. She looked up at him and asked what he wanted.

"College ke baad free ho tum?"

He asked in a low whisper lest anyone heard them and she raised her eyebrows.

"Why do you want to know that sir?"

She asked sarcastically and he grinned sheepishly.

"I wanted to show you something."

Eshaan and her had a cordial relationship before that incident. But sometime before it happened he started acting weird and stopped talking to her.

It was after it happened and she was completely broken when he helped her out of her shell.

If not for him and her best friend she would definitely have slipped into depression.

"What?"

"Surprise!"

She asked and he smiled his charming smile. She shook her head and went away not giving him any answer but a smile lingered her face.

The day was over and she was heading towards home when a car stopped in front of her.

"Hi! Get in!"

He smiled and she sighed knowing it was no use arguing.

"You know it's too risky. Koi bhi student dekh skta hai."

She said and he grinned mischeviously.

"You make it sound like I am your secret lover. I like the idea though."

He said with a flirty grin and she shook her head turning her head towards the window trying to hide her smile.

"You're my student Eshaan. Behave!"

His smile fell and he muttered.

"Don't say it like that. Aisa lagta hai I am too young. Come on yaar Varsha! We have only two years difference between us."

"So what? You are my best friend's brother. Toh mere bhi-"

"DON'T! Don't complete that sentence please!"

She looked at him wide eyed and he looked at her with a scared expression. Anything but that.

She burst out laughing at how cute he looked and he smiled seeing her laugh.

"You look beautiful when you smile. Never let this smile waver Varsha. Never! Kisi ke liye bhi nhi. No one deserves your tears."

She smiled softly and looked out. The memories of the past still haunt her. The four letter word still scared her. The idea of going through all of it again still sends shivers down her spine.

He had given her a lifetime of pain already. All because of the stupid feeling that people call Love.

Eshaan could feel her going back in that time so he called her diverting her attention.

"Varsha! Look at that."

She looked at him and then to where he was looking.

It was a gaming parlour.

"Why are we here?"

She asked and he smiled wide.

"It's new here. Let's try it out."

"These are games Eshaan. Bacho ke liye hai ye."

She chuckled and he scowled.

"Haan toh. Dil toh bacha hai na ji."

He grinned and moved out and opened her side of the door pulling her out. He was too excited and she chuckled seeing his excitement.

He spent many hours playing and competing with her in every game. And coincidentally even after being a pro in gaming he seemed to have been losing every game to her.

She knew why he was doing it. She didn't how she would ever be able to repay him and Anaisha, her best friend for what they have done for her.

He dropped her home and she went to her room ignoring her parents.

She had dinner with Eshaan on the way and so she slumped on the bed tired.

She closed her eyes as tears fell her eyes remembering what had happened four years back. The incident that changed her life.

The incident that made this crazy romance sucker girl hate the word Love itself.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️