16.9

"Ami go inside!"

He commanded and she nodded without any question.

"Oh hi Ami! Please stay!"

The man called and she looked at Aumveer. His eyes held hers and he looked at her sternly. Her eyes widened when she saw the man pull a gun at him.

"Veer!"

Siddharth looked back at the man and cocked his gun pulling it on him.

"Oh oh Shukla! Distracted, are you? Tsk! That's why I don't do love. Distracting."

He said looking at Aamya from top to bottom. His lusty gaze made her shiver from fear.

"Ami leave!"

Aumveer growled but before she could take a step the man cocked his gun.

Aamya's instincts got alert and she rushed towards Aumveer hugging his torso covering him with her body.

Two shots were heard simultaneously and the next second the man was on the floor with a bullet in his throat.

"Security!"

Aumveer called and instructed them to take the man away. They were given instructions on what to do with the body.

He then turned to Aamya who was still hugging him. He held her face and yelled.

"Are you fucking crazy? Bola tha na andar jaane ko. Why did you run here? Lag jaati toh-"

His words were cut off by a louder yell.

"Aamya ma'am!"

The maid yelled seeing Aamya and her face gave away dread and horror. Aumveer's blood ran cold as his hands moved down her waist and came back wet with something.

She smiled weakly at him and cupped his face. A tear leaked his eyes which she wiped and said.

"I-I am fine. Just a little in pain."

She winced and he picked her up yelling instructions at everyone. The driver hurried as Aumveer ran with an injured Aamya. Without any word he drove to the hospital while Aumveer held Aamya.

"Ami! Open your eyes! Nhi! Aankhein band nhi kro. Stay with me! Please stay with me Ami! Baby!"

He patted her cheeks trying to keep her eyes open and she gasped.

"Baby!"

She gasped and he held her hand.

"Haan meri jaan."

"Veer! Baby! Save him Veer!"

She gasped as tears fell from her eyes.

"Save whom baby?"

"Baby Siddharth. Save him. Save our baby. Please."

She whispered and Siddharth froze. His gaze went to her belly and tears fell down his eyes from full force.

"Kuch nhi hoga Sana. Kuch nhi hoga."

He said hugging her and giving his own self a sense of assurance.

He rushed inside the hospital with her in his arms and yelled for the doctors. She was transferred to a stretcher and rushed to the OT.

"Doctor! She is pregnant. Please save her and my child. I want her alive and healthy doctor. Please!"

The doctor said they would try their best and went inside the OT while Siddharth slumped their full on sobbing. He was scared. Scared to lose her. He didn't want to imagine a life without her now.

"Siddharth?"

He heard his dadi's voice and looked up to see her running towards him. He hugged her and cried in his chest.

"She is inside. She took a bullet for me dadi. Waha mai hona chahiye tha but she took it for me. Usse kuch nhi hoga na dadi? Mai nhi jee paaunga uske bina. Please ask them to save her. Please ask them to save my Sana dadi."

Her cried and she cried with him patting his head. Still keeping his head on her shoulder he whispered in a low voice.

"Wo pregnant hai dadi. Kya jawaab dunga mai usse agar hamare bache ko kuch ho gaya toh?"

She didn't know what to say except for hugging him tighter and letting him let out his emotions. She too was scared for the girl she had started to love as her own.

When he felt like he couldn't cry anymore and that his eyes have dried up after shedding every drop of tear he got up. His grandmother looked at him and he excused himself saying he was coming from the washroom.

He didn't know where he was going. He just needed some quiet calm place. Walking aimlessly for about 2 minutes he came across a small temple inside the hospital.

He went and stood in front of the idol.

"Maine kabhi aapse kuch nhi maanga kyunki kabhi zarurat hi nhi padi. Sab kuch tha mere paas. Jo nhi tha wo bhi mil jaata tha. Khud ko bhut khushnaseeb maanta hu mai. Shayad issi baat ka ghamand ho gaya tha."

He fell on his knees and cried.

"Mere iss ghamad ki saja usse kyu de rhe ho? Kuch na hote huye bhi usne aapko apna sab kuch mana hai. Uske saath aisa kyu kr rhe ho? Mere liye na sahi lekin uske liye, uski bhakti ki izzat rakhne ki liye bhagwaan aaj usse bacha lena. Please! Mai nhi jee paaunga uske bina ab. Please meri Sana ko bacha lena bhagwaan."

He cried and sobbed in front of the one who had the power to change the wheels of time. When his heart was finally at peace sitting there for some time he got up and walked back to where he left his grandmother.

She was still sitting at the same place but this time chanting God's name in prayers.

'You have to come out safe Sana. For us if not for yourself.'

After what felt like waiting for eternity the lights of the OT finally went out and Siddharth got up with a jerk. He got his grandmother's attention and she too stood up seeing the doctor come up.

"The patient is safe. She have removed the bullet. Thankfully it did not hit any organs. She is out of danger."

Sidhharth released the breath he seemed to he holding till now. Holding his grandmother's hand he asked the question he was most afraid to.

"And my baby? How's the baby doctor?"

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️