V - Hey, you're cute

Another day, another rose appearing at your front door, accompanied by your next door neighbour who was holding it. It ran like clockwork.

He knocks on your door, you open it, he presents the rose and says with his boxy grin, "hey, you're cute..." You take the rose, roll your eyes, and go back in the house.

This happened every day for the last 2 weeks.

You didn't know what he saw in you, you were always dressed in some baggy sweatpants and a sweater, no makeup, hair in a messy bun.

You were hardly girlfriend material, and yet this absolute greek god of a man shows up at your door with a ROSE.

The first time he did it you almost swooned like in some cheap romantic film from the 60s.

But bless him, he didn't give up, he really liked you, and he would do anything to just have a date with you.

You honestly felt bad for rejecting him so many times, but you figured he was better off without someone as basic as you.

But this time, when he showed up at your door, you didn't take the rose like usual.

He looked confused, and a little sad, his hand holding the rose drooping as he looked at you.

You huffed, deciding you were going to put and end to this.

"Look, Taehyung, I think you're a really nice guy, but you definitely don't want to go out with me, look at me!" You gestured down to yourself, and he looked, a goofy smile on his face as he looked back up at your face.

"Why wouldn't I wanna go out with you? You're beautiful, and really cute" he grinned at you, and you blinked at him, not really knowing what to say.

He couldn't be serious, you were ugly, barely feminine and someone he definitely wouldn't want to be seen with.

You shook your head, "Just, go home Taehyung..." you mumbled, before shutting the door in his face.

He looked hurt, the rose in his hand wilting as he looked down at the ground with a sigh.

You sniffled, trying not to cry while near the door where he could hear, running back to your bedroom.

Your conversation with him just reinforced your insecurities, you didn't believe he could actually like you.

You cried long into the night, only stopping at around 1am when you got thirsty.

"Y/N!" You stopped dead, hearing a sound coming from outside your window.

You looked out, and saw to your utter surprise and horror, Taehyung.

He was standing there not wearing the normal trendier clothes he would wear, but his sweats and hoodie, just like you.

You shook your head as your eyes filled with tears, and his gaze softened as he presented an entire bouquet of roses this time.

You ran down the stairs and out your front door, round the side of your house and straight into his open arms.

He hugged you so tight, his eyes so soft and his smile warm as he kissed your forehead gently.

You looked at him, "did you really mean what you said?" You asked, your voice barely audible.

He smiled, caressing your cheek and moving a piece of hair behind your ear, "of course I did, I think you're beautiful, and I really want to take you out on a date"

You wiped your eyes, feeling stupid now about how much you doubted him, "this whole time, I thought you were so handsome and I thought the roses were so cute, but I thought you just pitied me or something..." you mumbled as he smiled softly, taking your hand in his and rubbing his thumb over your knuckles.

"It's ok hmm? You have no reason to feel insecure..." He smiled as you took the roses from him, smelling them and blushing as you held them close.

You thought for a second, before deciding to just go for it.

"Hey Tae? D-do you wanna come watch a movie?" you stuttered a bit, and he deeply chuckled he found you so cute.

"Sure, I'd love to, any particular reason you're so eager to spend time with me so late?" He said it when a grin as you walked back into your house together.

You grumbled, "I just, don't want you to leave yet..." you mumbled, hitting his arm when he laughed.

You closed the front door as he sat down on the sofa, you joined him and sat next to him as you played a film.

You were sitting practically rigid next to him, too shy to lean against him in any way even though he seemed perfectly relaxed.

After a while you got sick of being so insecure and shy, decided to take matters into your own hands.

You sighed loudly, "you know what, fuck it, I deserve this" Tae looked at you absolutely confused, his eyes widening as you just sat yourself on his lap.

"Um, this is kind of a date, we're watching a movie, and cuddling, that's what couples do right?" You looked down at his lap and he grinned, absolutely smitten and endeared by you.

"Yeah..." he mumbled, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close, kissing your cheeks to make you blush.

"This is what couples do..."

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
A/N: SO close to the end of this book I can practically taste it, it's gonna be so satisfying to finally finish the book I have been writing for the last 4 YEARS. yes I have been doing this this long, since I was 16 apparently man how time flies. Anyway, hope you enjoy this! I quite like it and I've got some more good stories to come for the end of the book!

Don't forget to FOLLOW me and check out my other books! Backup acc: hoseokkphile