Luke wakes up with a jolt, hugging his sheets tightly as tears stream down his flushed cheeks in a fury. He squeaks in surprise, hearing the loud thunder clash through his small room, making Luke choke on a sob. He wants someone to hold him, to protect him from all the bad dreams.

Ashton.

Luke scowled himself for even thinking about Ashton.

Sure, they've talked, even Ashton held Luke once, but nothing like this. But thunder cut through his silence making him whimper and grab his blanket, wrapping it around his self, pushing away all rational thoughts that were blinded by fear while he made his way towards Ashton's room. Luke had gone to Ashton's room way more then Ashton thought he did.

But he didn't have to know that.

You see, Luke had already broken many borrower rules, for one, he was seen by a human, then continued to befriended him. And now he was making his way to the bean's room because he was scared.

Silent tears ran down his cheeks as he quietly made his way towards Ashton's room. The walk was short, but that didn't stop Luke from wondering what was hiding in the darkness. The thought made him shudder as he ducked his head down, continuing his journey.

"Ash?" He says, still wary of the sleeping human. The path lead him towards an abandoned mouse hole near the side of Ashton's bed. Half hidden behind the shadows, Luke calls out again, louder this time. "Ashton?"

Luckily, Ashton is a light sleeper. His hazel eyes flutter open slowly, his mind foggy and confused as he yawns, rubbing his eyes of sleep, the thunder and lightning not scaring the 20 year old one bit. "Mmhpt?" He mumbles, sitting up straight in his bed. His hazel eyes tiredly scan the room before becoming alert when seeing Luke's small shaking form in the darkness. His blonde hair is messy and cute in Ashton's opinion as the small blonde wipes his teary eyes, making his blue eyes seem brighter. A small blanket is wrapped around his tiny body as he clings onto it for dear life.

"Luke?" Ashton asks softly, pushing the blankets away from his body. Slowly, he places both feet on the cold ground, making Luke cringe slightly. Ashton frowns, trying to ignore it, slowly walking towards the mouse hole. Ashton towards over Luke, making Ashton feel bigger then he already is. Slowly, he crouches down, trying his best to get to Luke's height. "What's the matter?"

Luke sniffles, clinging onto the blanket tighter and walking out into the open. Then, he timidly reaches his arms out, looking like a small child who wants to be held as he looks up with innocent, sad blue eyes. Ashton's heart aches. "Aw, c'mere baby." Ashton says softly, hoping Luke isn't bothered by the pet name. Luke sobs softly, abandoning the blanket completely and replacing it with Ashton's fingers that dwarf his size while Ashton scoops him up slowly.

"What happened?" Ashton asks softly, cradling the tiny boy to his chest. Luke doesn't answer, only snuggling deeper into Ashton's soft shirt that smells like vanilla.

Ashton feels Luke shaking violently under his touch as a clash of thunder rumbles through the room making Luke sob, fisting the shirt tightly. Luke is scared of the storm. And for some reason, Ashton finds it adorable.

Ashton rubs Luke back with the pad of his thumb. "Shh, shh, it's okay, the storm won't hurtcha, I gotcha, I gotcha, nobody is gonna hurt you baby." Ashton reassures softly, making Luke somewhat less tense. Ashton paces the room, humming a random tune to try and calm Luke with.

Luke's sobs quiet down to tired whimpers of fear as the calming pitter patter hitting the window soothes them both. "You're safe, you're safe." Ashton says, slowly getting up and crawling into bed. Luke doesn't mind being placed on Ashton's chest, finding the steady heartbeat comforting. Ashton places his hand over Luke's small body as his thumb caresses his side absentmindedly.

"You're safe," Ashton repeats quietly, barely feeling Luke's presence on his chest. He's so tiny, going unnoticed. "You're safe."

Luke starts to drift off, feeling safe under Ashton's touch. Luke smiles softy, snuggling deeper into his chest. Ashton would keep him safe from the storm and monsters. And with that in his mind, Luke's dreams were monsterless.

~~~

Adorable as usual UGHlashton