🔥

Angela strolled through the walls of the motel, stopping at room six.

Their room.

She saw Ruby waiting for her and grinned, Angela sat beside her, snuggling in close. Ruby gave her a peck on the nose making Angela's face scrunch up in joy. Every Saturday they met at room six for a secret date.

You see many borrower families lived in the motel, never really contacting each other but one day Angela was wandering through the walls and stumbled on Ruby watching the humans in room six.

From that day on they would human watch and talk, sometimes kiss, sometimes something a bit more. This day was no different, there were only two humans in the room, a man and woman.

The man liked to drink and smoke even though smoking wasn't allowed, "W-Why do you think they're here?" Angela whispered so the humans wouldn't hear, resting her head on her girlfriend's shoulder.

"I don't know, we can't know for sure," Ruby replied, not taking her eyes off the humans. "Maybe he killed someone and they're on the run." She offered.

"A-And the girl didn't want to b-but the man forced her to and now she can't leave him," Angela continued with a small smile. They often went back and forth, coming up with reasons they would stay in the shitty motel.

For two hours they sat, watched, and talked nothing more nothing less. Angela found herself drifting off in the safe grip of her girlfriend, she tried to force her eyes open but they kept slipping shut.

"You can go to sleep, I'll watch over you," Ruby promised softly, Angela shook her head, muttering something unintelligible. Ruby chuckled softly and watched her lover slip into sleep.

__________

"Angela! Angela get up!" Ruby cried, trying to pull her to her feet. Angela moaned, the air around her was steaming hot. She cracked open her eyes, immediately she saw panic in Ruby's eyes, Ruby never got panicked.

Angela tried to breath in but ended up in a coughing fit, it was like the air she breathed burned her lungs, Ruby dragged her to her feet and began to run. Angela trailed after her, stumbling as Ruby grabbed her wrist and forced her to keep moving.

Angela dared to look back and gasped, the wall behind them was engulfed in flames. She choked on a cry and followed after Ruby, coughing into her sleeve. Ruby finally found an opening, leading outside.

They both squeezed through and sat in the grass, coughing and gasping for air. Ruby took Angela into her arms and squeezed her tight. Angela began to cry, realizing how close to death she was.

Ruby shushed her and wiped away her tears, planting a soft kiss on Angela's temple. Sirens in the distance screamed, and Angela leaned against Ruby for support, suddenly she sat up straight and gasped, tears gathering in her eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" Ruby asked frantically, trying to keep her girlfriend from crying.

"M-My family." She whispered almost inaudibly, "Th-They're still in there."

Ruby looked back at the burning motel, "I'll get them, wait here." She declared running towards the building.

Angela scrambled to her feet, sobs getting caught in her throat, "Wait! No! Ruby! Come back!" She cried, stumbling over her feet, she managed to catch up to her, panting with tears trailed down her ash covered face. "I-I can't risk losing you too, I-I love you." She choked out.

Ruby took her into her arms and kissed her deeply, they took one last look at the burning building before setting off to start a new life.

____________________

A very short oneshot. I've done a ton of one shots with gay boys but not gay girls so there ya go.

I also lowkey wanted a fireman to find them but whatever