👨‍🏫

Kyle stepped into the school, stepping carefully to make sure he didn't accidentally step any humans. He'd just moved to New York from small town Wisconsin and today was his first day in a coed school with humans.

Thousands of years ago humans were discovered, they became a second type of giants, just of a smaller size. Kyle had barely seen any humans, their population was still pretty tiny compared to giants in small towns.

But now they were everywhere as Kyle walked through the hallway. He was overwhelmed to say the least, he wasn't microphobic he was just afraid of hurting them. They were just so fucking small.

He stepped into the office where another student would give him a tour of the school, it was mostly empty. A few humans rode up an escalator that had been accommodated for them while a few giants stood beside them.

"Yo newbie!" A voice called, Kyle looked to his left. A tiny human, barely the size of his middle finger waved her arms at him.

Kyle slowly approached the tiny girl, she was beautiful, long grey, blue hair cascaded down her shoulders. Her face was coated with makeup that only amplified her gorgeous features, she sported a pink crop too with ripped black jeans that showed fishnet stockings. She wore thick boot heels that seemed impossible to stand in.

Kyle approached impossibly slowly, he wasn't sure if he should kneel, would it be disrespectful? He hated how he towered above her, but the girl didn't seem to mind. "Hiya! I'm Lydia!" She greeted, sticking out a hand.

Kyle swallowed thickly before grasping her tiny hand and shaking it slowly. She watched him stare in shock for a minute, "This is were you introduce yourself," she whispered jokingly.

Kyle went red, "I'm Kyle." He said simply.

"Kyle the newbie, it's got a ring to it, so we're ya from Kyle?" Lydia asked.

"Wisconsin," Kyle said softly.

"Damn son, that's so far away!"

"I-It's really not that far," Lydia just chuckled.

"Place your hand out flat," she demanded, Kyle hesitantly obeyed.

Without warning she stepped into his palm, Kyle yelped quietly in surprise, making Lydia laugh. He blushed and lifted up his hand.

He was tense as he lifted Lydia to his chest, "Calm down big boy," she laughed, patting his thumb, "What? Am I the first human you've ever held?"

Kyle went red and didn't reply, "Wait really?" She gaped.

"Can we just get on with the tour?" He asked quietly.

"Um, of course." She stammered, overcoming her shock. She directed him out of the office, ignoring his shock  and leading him through the school. Dropping witty comments every now and then.

The bell rang overhead of them, Lydia checked the diminutive watch that wrapped around her wrist, "hell yeah! We managed to skip all classes until lunch! That my friend is what I call a success! Would you be a gentleman and walk me to lunch?" She asked with mock innocence as she batted her eyelashes.

Kyle softly chuckled and nodded. He followed the crowd of people to the cafeteria, "That table! The one in the back with the losers!" She cried, pointing to a small table filled with an odd mix of humans and giants.

As he approached he wanted nothing more than to turn and run, he wasn't good with new people. But Kyle prevailed for Lydia's sake.

The students looked up at him in confusion before noticing Lydia in his palms. She jumped out of his hands and onto the table, Kyle held in a gasp in fear for her safety.

"Dude chill out, just 'cause she tiny doesn't mean she's helpless. She can take care of herself." A giant said defensively.

Kyle blinked, he wanted out. "I should go," he muttered as Lydia opened her mouth to defend him.

"Kyle wait-" Lydia said, glaring at the giant who was mean to him:

Kyle smiled weakly at her, "It was nice meeting you," he said softly, he tugged his sweater sleeves over his hands and stepped away. He turned just in time to hear Lydia yell at the giant.

Tears flooded Kyle's eyes and he put his head down and pushed himself through the crowd of people.

He wanted nothing more than to be home.

________

A short little Drabble. I want to use these characters again. Kyle and his family have a shit ton of history that i want to write about.