👓

Peter lays down on the couch, his thick-rimmed glasses having to be constantly be pushed up. He was reading the Borrowers, trying to learn more about Reese.

Reese was a borrower he had encountered several weeks ago, trapped in spider's web, all tangled up and squirming. Peter never thought of himself as an intimidating guy, but Reese was terrified, sobbing and crying. His tiny hazel red-rimmed eyes and tear stained cheeks broke Peter's heart. He was young too, maybe 16 or 17. Only a couple years younger than Peter, who is 18.

He didn't want to harm the cute little thing, but he was clearly stressed and in danger.

He was absolutely adorable when Peter scooped his small figure into his palms, his fingers were constantly twitching at how much the borrower was bumping into them.

He was aggressive too, yelling some profanities to Peter all while crying and trembling.

He managed to pull a name from the little guy's mouth.

Reese. Like Reese's pieces.

After though, Reese was getting uncomfortable in Peter's somewhat clammy palm, shifting nervously at the sight of huge gray eyes soaking in his 4-inch tall body.

So, Peter let him go.

Peter would never forget the awestruck expression that Reese gave him, crying tears of joy as he grabbed his bag and scurried off to god knows where. Ever since then, sometimes Peter would catch him borrowing and send him a tender and soft smile.

Peter snaps out of his funk from a soft, faint voice. "P-Peter?"

Peter closes his book, gently setting it beside him as the tiny, shaking figure stares up at him from the ground. Peter desperately clings onto his cool, not wanting to freak Reese out.

"Hi, Reese," Peter says softly like silk as he gently crouches down and lays on his belly, resting his elbows on the ground and his head in his palms.

"H-Hi," Reese whispers shyly, fiddling with his handmade grappling hook made out of string and a fishing hook. His brown hair with blond highlights looks messy and untamed making Peter frown ever so slightly. He scans the rest of Reese's body, realizing how scared he looked as well as tired.

Hazel eyes shrunken into his skull and decorated with dark colors and flushed cheeks. His legs are quivering beneath him as if they were made of Jello. "I-I need h-help, p-please."

Peter smiles in reassurance as Reese takes baby steps towards him, shrinking slightly under his soft gaze. "Sure thing, Reese's pieces. What's the problem?"

Reese blushes at the nickname, quickly glancing down. "I-I'm stressed and tense ab-about you trying to h-hurt and f-find me," he whispers quietly, almost ashamed. Peter masks his hurt and smiles once again.

"It's okay to be scared, hell I'm huge compared to you, but I promise on my life, I would never hurt you on purpose because of your size." Reese nods slowly as if soaking in all the new information.

"P-Peter?" Reese asks with tinted cheeks as his brown hair falls into his face. "M-My back really h-hurts, can-can you, um, massage i-it?"

Peter can't control his excitement as he grins like a kid on Christmas. "Of course, Reese," he tries to control his voice to sound like a proper functioning man who doesn't squeal at little people. "Now, I want you to go get your most comfy clothes and meet me in my bedroom, okay?"

Reese seems confused, tilting his head to the side. Peter just smiles softly as Reese nods skeptically and jogs towards his little mouse hole.