👮

Anonymous once again :)

_________

Jai was heading back to his cell when he heard the commotion; the sound of shouts followed by laughter and snickers. Interested, he looked over the railing to see a group had surrounded a jayx, a small humanoid creature that was peaceful by nature.

It was odd to see one in prison. Suddenly, a human girl appeared out of nowhere, getting all up in one of the boy's faces. She was yelling angrily.

"You think it's funny on pick on her because she's smaller, huh?" She snarled. "Well it isn't."

With that, the girl threw a right hook and when the boy fell backward she hooked her foot behind his ankle, tripping him.

His friends pounced on the girl. She fought them like a wildcat, but it was obvious she was losing. Jai decided to step in, seeing as the guards weren't going to.

The phi leaped over the short railing (it was human-sized), landing on the ground twenty feet below. (Phi are generally ten to fifteen feet tall.) He rushed over, a snarl on his lips and grabbed a boy, flinging him off the girl, and she elbowed the woman on top of her in the chin, possibly breaking her jaw.

Jai grabbed the woman and flung her off the girl. The girl went to hit him and he caught her fist in his large hand.

He made eye contact with her for a quick second before a man leaped off of a trash bin onto his back. Jai fell over in surprise, nearly crushing the man underneath him who still had his arms tightly wrapped around Jai's neck.

The girl, unfortunately, was fighting off another boy, so she was unable to help. She punched the boy in the nose and when he stumbled back, grabbing his broken nose, she turned around and roundhouse-kicked him in the gut.

By this time, Jai had grabbed the man's arms and pulled with all his strength, ripping them away from his throat, gasping as his lungs filled with air.

Jai leaned forward and flung the man over his shoulders, smacking him into a woman who was fighting the girl, knocking both of them to the ground. The girl gave him a quick nod of thanks before turning away.

By the time Jai was on his feet again, all but one fighter was on the ground, either unconscious, groaning or possibly dead.

(He hoped not) The girl was bloodied and cut, her lip split and a scrape above her left eyebrow was bleeding profusely and he was certain that she'd have a nasty black eye by the next morning from how red the area around her right eye was.

Despite this, she held up her hands and lowered her head, settling into a fighting stance.

"You wanna go?" She growled at the last remaining fighter, but the boy shook his head.

"N-no, I was helping you. A friend of mine was a jayx." He explained. Jai studied him.

He was a reesah, a dark skinned alien with small horns around their head like a deadly crown. Reesah were very loyal to those they cared about, so it made sense why he'd fight to protect a jayx.

His one must have reminded him of his friend. He stood at the average reesah height of seven feet tall. His red eyes flicked back and forth between the human girl and Jai before settling on Jai's silver eyes.

The girl glanced at Jai. He shrugged, relaxing. The girl turned, and Jai followed suit.

She knelt down and peaked behind the trash bin. Something shuffled away from them with a sniffle.

"G-go away." A small feminine voice said so softly Jai had to strain his pointed ears to hear it.

The girl's eyes softened, losing her hard look so quickly Jai blinked in surprise and did a double take.