🌹

"Can-can I see your hands?" Ruth blinked up in confusion, slightly panicked as two huge green eyes peered down at her innocently, waiting patiently for a response.

Rachel was sat on the ground, her legs crossed as she watched Ruth carefully. Ruth gulped the lump in her throat. "M-My h-hands?" She asked nervously, glancing down at her hands shyly, inspecting them with a visible blush on her cheeks.

What was so special about her hand? She wondered, flexing each digit and rolling her wrist around. Why did Rachel want to see them that badly?

"Yeah, unless you don't want to, or-or you're uncomfortable. I understand, we just met of course," Rachel licked her lips, pursing them and Ruth could see she was struggling to tame unwanted emotions. "They're just really small."

Ruth blushed. That wasn't even a compliment, you doorknob, she scowled herself, shyly glancing up at Rachel, who's freckled covered cheeks were painted a light pink.

They were sat in her room on the floor since Ruth came to visit. They had been...acquaintances for a while, maybe a week but Ruth wasn't fully comfortable with the giant teen, even though she showed only kindness and patience for her shyly self.

"I-If you w-want to, I g-guess you can," Ruth whispered softly, the words tasting bitter in her throat. She was willingly letting herself get touched by a human, that was crazy!

Rachel's gloomy demeanor quickly faded, replaced with an excited and joyful one.

Ruth let an audible squeak of fear escape her mouth before she could stop it as two, manicured fingers slowly approached her.

Rachel quickly retracted her hand, guilt painted over her face. "Sorry, Ruth. I'll warn you."

Ruth swallowed, trying to escape and outrun her fears that chased her through her mind as the fingers slowly approached once again, gently taking one of her small, shaking hands into their embrace.

Ruth blinked in confusion, feeling the two pillowy limbs gently secure over her minuscule palm, a small wave of helplessness washing over her at the size difference. Her hand was barely the size of the pad of the human's fingers.

"Wow," Rachel breathed in awe, her light green eyes scanning Ruth's absolutely diminutive fingers.

Ruth could feel the heat radiating from her fingers, every little crease and crevice as she gently rolled Ruth's hand over with her fingers, her pink lips slightly parted in awe.

Ruth could feel the small amount of pressure as the pad of Rachel's fingers tried to feel her little fingers, gently massaging them.

Ruth could feel her whole face heating up as Rachel shook out of her faze, looking sheepish as she gently removed her fingers. Ruth frowned, instantly missing her warmth and sweetness that came with her aura.

"Ah," she said softly, a blush brighter than her pink hair covering the tips of her nose and ears. She straightened out her skirt. "I'm sorry if a made you uncomfortable." She apologized in a soft and sad voice.

Ruth's hazel's eyes widened, quickly shaking her head. "No, y-you didn't make me u-uncomfortable. In fact, I-I enjoyed it a lot." At this time, Ruth was as bright red as a tomato as Rachel glanced up hopefully.

"Really, you weren't...scared?" Ruth shyly nodded her head.

"I-I was a l-little, b-but you're not scary, j-just a little t-taller." Rachel grinned from ear to ear, crawling down so she could lay down on her stomach to be face to face with Ruth.

It took everything in her to not cringe or step away from the proximity. Rachel smiled softly. "That's good to know," her words sent a gust of minty air her way, weaving through her brown hair.

"Now," she whispered softly, gently petting Ruth's soft hair with a manicured nail. "Can I braid your hair?" She asked with a grin, one an excited child would give their mothers. Ruth sighed softly, she was in for one hell of a ride.

____

By: UGHlashton