🎈

by my favorite person ever, like seriously, like i love you UGHlashton (same characters as 🤡)

___________

Richie sat down on the ground, picking at his mud soaked laces. More times than he liked to admit it, he felt himself looking towards where Eddie would usually run up, his tiny little feet pitter pattering against the soft earth of the forest ground as he ran towards Richie, usually out of breath.

After their first meeting, Eddie had come by everyday at 4 for the last 4 weeks. He was never a minute late.

This caused Richie to gnaw on his nails nervously. What if Eddie was hurt? What if those bullies hurt his little Eddie? Richie felt his skin grow hot with anger, heaving himself up to his feet. However, his head was telling him that Eddie probably just had a lot of homework, he was probably fine.

Richie calmed down but it didn't stop the itch like voice in the back of his head, telling him that Eddie was tired with him. That his Eddie-spaghetti was bored with him. Sure, maybe his impressions were annoying, and his glasses were pretty weird and sure, he didn't dress the best but...

Richie shoved his hands in his pocket, a pout on his face. Did Eddie even like him?

Little did he know, his little Eddie absolutely adored Richie, even if he'd never say that out loud. Sure the giant, oversized boy was annoying but there was something about the boy with a trashmouth that made Eddie swoon. But not in a gay way. There was no way in hell that Eddie was queer.

But Eddie had in fact come early to their usual meeting spot to practice his lines. Eddie placed his bag on the ground, digging through his stuff until he grabbed the long rope he had made for Richie. He had tried desperately to make Richie a bracelet with the spare rope Ben's dad had in his house. Then, using the blowtorch, he melted metal into a pair of glasses mold, including the tiny hole at the top to loop the rope in with.

It was heavy but it was worth it as he raced to their usual spot, out of breath. He straightened out his nice, new blue shirt the one his mom bought him for special occasions. Pulling the bracelet out of the bag, Eddie smiled sheepishly as he practiced. "Richie, I made you this... bracelet? No!" He sighed, totally aware of the bright blush painted on his cheeks. He sighed shrilly, giving a tiny little puff of his inhaler before starting again, feeling a tad more confident than before.

As he practiced more and more, Eddie felt better. When he felt the familiar rumbling of the ground, he stuffed everything in his bag, smiling shyly as Richie made his way towards their clearing. However, Richie didn't stop and Eddie paled.

Before he knew it, there was a foot soaring above him. Eddie let out shriek, putting his hands above his head in an attempt to protect himself. Eddie squeaked loudly, knees quivering as the shoe landed right beside him, shaking the ground.

Two bright blue eyes looked down at him, not the familiar chocolate colour irises that Eddie had grown to trust. The blue eyed boy tilted his head curiously, brown-almost black-hair falling into his face. Eddie fell back on him bum, wide puppy eyes still staring up at the giant stranger in total fear. He got mud all over his nice, new shirt.

Before the word 'Richie!' could rip through his throat, the giant boy crouched down, eyes softening as fingers gently enveloped his skinny frame. Eddie whole frame shook with unwanted fear as his chest tightened along with the fingers wrapping around him. He couldn't breathe.

His breath quickened and his eyes were wide with horror as he was easily scooped up into a fist, much like the first time. Richie knew that Eddie hated being picked up like this but did so anyway, mostly just teasing the much shorter boy.