🤕 pt 1

By: UGHlashton

______

His legs were tired, sore and aching like two, heavy bricks weighing him down with every step. His bare feet were purple and bruised as they repeatedly hit the wood floor.

His little sister felt like a million pounds on his lithe and bruised back. She was only 4, she didn't deserve this.

His hand held his other sister's weak one, their fingers intertwining loosely around each other, threatening to pull apart.

"F-Finn," Lilly whispered, her voice hoarse and dry as she looked up with those big, blue eyes that were glazed over, lost of any hope. "H-Head hurts."

Finn stopped dragging her along, her little 5-year-old legs too short to keep up with his. On his back, Rose stirred slightly, giving a quiet whine of discomfort. He didn't blame her, she had quite the fall.

"How bad is it?" The firstborn asked softly. Lilly only started to cry in response.

Finn's heart ached as he pressed a kiss to Lilly's temple, shifting Rose's weight on his back. Using his one arm, he gathered Lilly in his grasp, keeping her close to his chest. She whimpered, grabbing at his jacket that was falling apart. They needed medical care. Now.

Finn almost collapsed as he tried to take a step only to stumble slightly. Sure, in good health, Finn was pretty strong, standing at 4 and a half inches as he towered over the rest of his family. Lilly was 3 inches while Rose was only 2 and three quarters, surely he would be able to carry the girls.

After the abuse he had endured with his 'owner', Finn could barely keep on his own two feet, let alone support two little girls.

He gritted his teeth, the muscles of his jaw clenching as he took a few shaky steps forwards and continued his journey.

He didn't know where he was going, but he was going away. Away from the captor that tortured his family, killing his mother and father. He swore he would keep his siblings safe, safe from any human clutches.

After a few hours, sweat dribbled down his forehead like an oncoming waterfall. His world turned to one that spun and was like an abstract art; confusing and distorted.

It was so cold in these wall. His thin jacket wasn't doing much to help with the heat, nor were the two little girls clinging onto him for dear life. Poor Lilly had passed out from exhaustion or pain. Maybe both. They shivered constantly, yet their bodies were so warm, too warm.

His stomach churned. He needed to do something to help his sisters. His baby sisters.

In the punitive darkness that seemed to go on forever, his sharp blue eyes caught a glimpse of artificial light through the walls. His heart skipped a beat as he forced his tired legs to the light, like a moth to a flame.

Finn's sensitive eyes squinted, trying to get adjusted to the light after being in the cavern-like walls for so long. Lilly snivelled in her sleep, burying her face into Finn's chest.

He peered into the room, unable to see most of it. However, he did catch sight of a head of fiery red sitting at the desk, nearly 3 feet away. His breath wedged in throat, having difficulty breathing as he pulled away, back into the darkness. Of course the first human he would see was a teen with dyed hair and a piercing.

He contemplated leaving, to find a semi warm area where they would rebuild their lives, scavenge for food but he knew. Some dark voice, whispering. Telling him that his sisters would surely die. They had no medical help, no water, no food.