🌷

YEET skeet bitches.
Written with love by my love UGHlashton sorry lemme go choke on that cheesy sentence real quick.

_________

Jasper led a normal life as a collage student, he believed. He had a great family, loving too with two siblings, him being the oldest. He had some good friends and was never really alone. He never shown in academics, he was average. But that wasn't always a bad thing. He was in collage after all.

He had a loving dog-a small Yorkshire named Oscar who liked to chew on Jasper's new shoes-who followed him everywhere since he got him.

The breeze ran through both human and dog's hair, soothing them both as they walked down the streets of New Jersey. Jasper was just window shopping when a burgundy coloured shop caught his eye. Which wasn't hard to do. He was easily distracted.

"Oscar," he pulled on the leash causing the small dog to halt. Jasper grinned, gesturing his head towards the odd looking shop. Oscar, unable to comprehend what was happening, started wagging his tail in excitement, yipping happily.

Jasper opened the door, the bells hanging above them clanging against each other. The store was oddly decorated; a polite way to say that it was messy and unorganized. But Jasper didn't mind.

An old man sat at the counter, eyeing the pair as they wandered aimlessly the store.

Jasper made his way towards a long row of flower pot, all cute and perfect looking. There was no plants growing in the pots but they were adorable looking nonetheless.

Oscar barked, curiously sniffling a peculiar flower pot with a small crack in the side. Jasper gasped, tugging the small dog away as he got a little too close for comfort. "Oscar!" He scolded in annoyance.

Oscar squirming, whining and pouting for the flower pot. Jasper frowned curiously, shifting the dog in his arms, and grabbed the pot.

"Excuse me," he called to the old man, examining the plant in his hands, careful not to spill the soil inside. A small piece of white tape was stuck to the side. With scrawny writing was the name Timothy. "How much are these?"

The old man chuckled, or what Jasper assumed was a chuckle yet it sounded like a hacking cough mixed with a choking sound. "Those little things?" Jasper turned around to face the old man. "20 bucks."

Jasper's jaw dropping before turning into a small frown. Twenty dollars? That was pretty expensive for a flower pot. And Jasper didn't have much money to begin with. Yet for some reason, he felt attached to the small flower pot, like a stirring feeling in stomach, pulling him towards the flower pot.

He placed a twenty on the counter, still holding the flower pot and Oscar to his chest.

The man smiled, ringing them out without a receipt. They exited the shop with the flower pot. Jasper sighed, slight regret burning in his blue eyes. He placed Oscar on the ground and started his walk home.

Their apartment was only ten minutes away from the shop. When they arrived home, Jasper sighed, taking off Oscar's leash and his own shoes.

Jasper brought the flower pot to his room and placed it on his bedside table, right where there was just enough sunlight. He went to the washroom and turned on the tap, cupping the water in his hands before returning to his room.