🤕 pt. 2

By UGHlashton

______

"Oh, fuck." Titan cursed as the little guy collapsed to the counter, his little sister sobbing loudly and trying to shake him awake. He gnawed on his lip ring, feeling his heart drop as terrified, blue eyes stared back up at him.

He still cradled the smallest one to his chest, Rose, he believed, and his mind could still not fathom that this was a little girl he was holding in his hands. She was almost as tiny as his pinky! A tiny life that had been handed to him and expected to look after.

Lilly, Titan assumed was the older of the two sisters, had tears dribbling down her chubby, little cheeks as she sobbed fearfully, her whole body quivering in terror.

"Hi, Lilly," Titan hated the way she flinched, looking up at him as if he was a monster. He offered her his kindest smile. "I'm Titan. I won't hurt you, or Rose, or Finn."

Her face contorted into appalling anger. "H-Humans are bad! T-They-they hurt u-us! S-Squeeze and put i-in t-the c-cages!" She sobbed into her hands. "M-Momma and d-dadda are g-gone!"

Titan saw the bruises that covered her milky white skin, as well as Finn's. Maybe that's why he was so skittish and terrified, he thought to himself as Lilly pulled Finn closer.

"Who did that?" Titan questioned with a frown, anger boiling in the bottom of his stomach as he brushed a careful finger over Rose's tiny, little head. A ghost of a smile played on her pale features.

Lilly sniffled, her diminutive nose colouring, "The b-bad man. N-No food, hurting F-Finn all t-the time. H-He dropped Rose, now s-she won't wake u-up." Her small voice spoke a thousand words as she cowered slightly behind Finn.

"Lilly," he coaxed in a reassuring voice. He leaned down, dropping to his knees to get level with her eyesight. "I won't hurt you, sweetpea. I'm gonna help you and your siblings, how does that sound?"

She wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her worn down t-shirt, "Th-That sounds g-good, Mr. H-Human."

Titan smiled without teeth, gently ruffling her hair with a careful pinky. She giggled softly, leaning into his touch. She was just so simply endearing.

"C'mon, let's get some food into you," he prodded her middle with extreme care and a teasing grin. "Give Finn some rest."

She nodded enthusiastically, basically clambering onto his palm. "Whoa," he laughed softly, the feeling of tiny feet and hands tickling his palm. "Careful now, sweetpea."

Lilly blushed, nodding sheepishly as Titan cautiously slid her down onto the palm where Rose laid, curled up into a ball as he slowly stood up, careful not to jostle the pair. Lilly pressed a kiss to her sister's forehead and looked up at Titan with hopeful eyes. "S-She'll wake up, r-right?"

Titan didn't want to humour the small child, who didn't seem completely aware of the whole situation and sighed helplessly. "I don't know, sweetpea. I just don't know."

She casted her sad, baby blues away, glancing down at her sister. Titan's eyes landed on Finn, who laid on the counter like a broken toy, dirty and forgotten.

"Oh, Finn," he muttered in concern as he slid his fingers under Finn's broken figure that laid limp. Oddly enough, he seemed more fragile than the other two girls he had previously handled, his wispy little bones and uneven breathing. He looked like he had just escaped a concentration camp.