👭

This is written by the fantastic frogspace who is new to contributing to the GT community so warm fucking welcome everyone! Enjoy 👏

_________

Robin leapt from the shelf, grasping the string on her grappling hook tightly. No more than two inches tall, the tiny girl swung across the gap between the ledge and the counter. She hoisted herself onto the marble surface, breathing heavily.

She was out for a quick borrowing trip for a tissue. It would be a quick errand, and the task should be completed hours before the human returned home.

Brushing her dark hair out of her eyes, she fiddled with the fishhook and clipped it back onto her belt before running across the smooth countertop. Robin slowed down as she approached the light green tissue box, grasping the edges to pull herself up.

Retrieving the tissue was quite the task for the borrower, and Robin grunted as she tugged the soft material from the box. Once it was free, she bundled it up and shoved it into her leather satchel.

One tissue was enough to fill her bag and supply her with more than enough material. Smirking to herself, Robin gathered up her supplies and began the trek back home.

She tossed the grapple back to the shelf, and she pulled the twine until it was taut. Robin walked backwards, preparing to jump.

The girl braced herself, sucking in a breath. Seconds before she took the plunge, Robin heard a new sound.
The faint click of the door unlocking.
Robin's body went into overdrive, and she felt her heart beating far too fast. Adrenaline rushed through her as she leapt off the counter.

The human wasn't supposed to be home yet! This was way too early, she was always out until dark on weekdays!
Robin began climbing the twine, her entire body quivering with fear and adrenaline. She heard footsteps growing louder as the human approached the kitchen.

Merely inches away from the shelf, Robin froze as the human strode into the room.

She was no doubt taller than most humans, with dark hair running past her shoulders. She wore an array of vibrant colored clothing, which complemented her pale skin. Bright blue eyes fell on Robin's shaking form, widening in surprise.

Both human and borrower stared at each other, neither one daring to move.
Robin clung to the twine, her hands trembling. She felt like she was going to vomit. She had never, ever been this close to the human before. Even from her point hanging from the shelf, the human towered over her form.

Dizziness took over her as she realized how fucking huge this being was. Just her hand easily dwarfed her, and it dawned upon Robin how easily it would be for this enormous being to snatch her up.

Oh my god, she's going to kill me.
Another wave of adrenaline pulsed through her, and she snapped her gaze away from the human and began scurrying up the twine.

"W-wait!" The human shouted out, and Robin winced. Her voice was so loud, and she had to resist the urge to clap her hands over her ears.

Before Robin reached the top of the shelf, the human began walking towards her. The borrower let out an involuntary yelp, fear gripping her... and she slipped.

Robin fell from the rope, her body dropping through the air. She squeezed her eyes shut, bracing herself for the impact that would surely end her life.
Her back suddenly hit a firm surface, the breath immediately being knocked out of her.

"Urgh!" Robin cried out, pain shooting through her backside. She felt something warm trickle down the side of her face, and it didn't take her long to realize she had a bloody nose.