🚁 pt. 2

Written by : UGHlashton

Slivko's eyes widened as he sat up and pushed away, hoping to create space between them. However, his efforts were cut short as he ran into a large hand, big enough to squish a person, kept him from escaping. Slivko wanted his gun desperately as curious green eyes bigger than trash cans scanned his little form.

The creature huffed softly, both of his giant knees on the ground to get a closer look at the human.

Slivko whimpered as the giant's eyes his face and his leg. His breath hitched as the giant's other hand gently nudged his leg making him hiss out in pain, sobs shaking his body. He was just so goddamn scared; he didn't to die. He was only nineteen.

He imagined the harsh fist to slam down on him and the quick death that would follow. Or would the beast take his time with him, eating him alive to be digested in his stomach for a slow, miserable death. He sobbed again, hiding his face in his knees.

Oh how he missed his friends, his group.

---

Thomas tilted his head in confusion at the small animal's reaction. Whatever it was, it was small and clearly in pain.

It was odd. In numbers, they caused great destruction and pain, and yet alone, they were helpless to everything around them. They were vocal too, depending on each other to survive. It seemed the youngest one had found itself lost.

Thomas let the creature cry for a couple moments, taking in the physical features of the tiny critter. It resembled nothing like the leader of their group. It had a light tan complexion with a messy head of dark blond hair kept back by a piece of red plant? He didn't really know. He couldn't see its eyes since they were always shut but he could imagine a brown colour.

Thomas huffed softly, feeling bad for the injured creature even though its leader caused fire and many deaths of all the animals, he supposed he killed a lot of them as well.

Thomas brushed some black hair out of his green eyes, watching intensely for anything. He watched the small being curl into itself, seeing the minuscule shudders. Thomas' eyes widened, smelling the familiar smell of fear before guilt flooded his every muscle.

It was terrified.

Thomas now understood why it didn't move, it was frozen in fear. Thomas scratched his stubble, gnawing on his lip in hopes of triggering an idea that wasn't going to scare the little thing into trauma.

He pushed the creature into his palm, feeling the trembling sensation on his palm as quiet little whimpers escape it. Slowly and carefully, he stood to his full height, bring the critter to his chest. He can feel its terrified heartbeat race under his thumb.

He blinked owlishly at the thrashing creature, hearing it squeak and chirp in protest. He stopped, tilting his head to the side in confusion. What did it want?

---

Slivko whimpered, the warmth of the giant's palm was overwhelming but the sheer size was enough to send the solider in tears once again. He punched and thrashed in his hold.

"No, no, stop! Put me down! P-Please!" To his surprise, the giant stopped, looking down in confusion. He tilted his head. Slivko gasped as the giant leaned in closer, his nose almost grazing his chest.

"C-Can you understand me?" He asked with caution. The giant blinked.

"D-Down." Slivko said slowly, trying to stop his hands from shaking. "Down."